Are you a calculated thinker? Figure this out...

Phait

• Members

Everyone misunderstood the point of this thread. It wasn't to take the quiz, I posted it for context. I was just curious how people interpreted the question I posted and how they figured it out. :)

• Members

Everyone
misunderstood the point of this thread. It wasn't to take the quiz, I posted it for context. I was just curious how people interpreted the question I posted and how they figured it out.
:)

Well (ahem), that's what I thought I was doing by "showing my work."

• Members

Everyone misunderstood the point of this thread. It wasn't to take the quiz, I posted it for context. I was just curious how people interpreted the question I posted and how they figured it out.
:)

I answered the question I saw:

icon3.gif
Are you a calculated thinker? Figure this out...

http://www.flightsimaviation.com/quiz-fsav_takeoff.html

Looks to me like you're the one with the problem, here, jack.

If you're gonna play gotchya, just make sure you're not the one who got got.

:D

• Members

7/10, lotsa lucky guesses as 2.5 years of Aerospace engineering only helped me on ONE of those questions; they're probably more geared for those with licenses...

Obviously, I was luckier than {censored}. Should have played the lottery instead. :facepalm:

I knew, or had a good idea of, about half of the answers from flying flight simulators. The rest of the questions are like the majority of multiple guess tests. Usually two are not close to correct, leaving two possibilities so there's a 50/50 chance of hitting it right.

• Members

Scored a 7 and have a single engine license, but haven't flown in many years. Being from Minnesota, and having flown there in summer and winter the runway length question was easy. ;) Even a little 4 seat single engine plane will climb like a rocket when it's 20 below zero outside. I once flew from Minneapolis to northern Wisconsin (Cable, Ws. IIRC) and back to meet Bonnie Raitt at a ski resort where she was playing. It was a cold night and I think the Cessna 172 could have left the ground after about 100' (well, not quite).

• Members

I would guess that those from Minnesota or other northern states would have a distinct advantage with the question, assuming they did some all season flying before taking the test. There really is a HUGE difference in climbing between summer and winter there.

• Members

I lived there for three years, one block north of UND. Damn thieving students had my apple tree picked clean every fall, on the sidewalk side...
:mad:

Wadda ya expect from starving students who've spent their food money on booze and broads?

• Members

Got 9/10.

The answer I missed is wrong.

When are you allowed to take-off?

When you are cleared by ATC and have read the clearance.

A clearance is used for IFR flightplans and is NOT to take-off, it is for your flightplan activation and route.

You contact clearance delivery, get the clearance, read it back. they flip you to ground, they tell you to taxi, you flip to tower and they tell you to take-off.

You don't ask ATC to take-off, you ask the tower. The answer they give is wrong.

• Members

Lose engine on right, lose lift on right. Right rudder to compensate. I guessed right.
;)

I was always taught to 'raise the dead.'

Meaning, when you lose an engine, the rudder pedal closest to that engine gets lifted, ultimately meaning to push the opposite one down.

I have a lot of dumb lines like that. :facepalm:

Archived