How do you change out a speaker on a Roland Cube - from the front or back?

GAS Man

• Members

On my Micro-Cube, access through the front. Probably the same on yours.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. The 3 speaker upgrades I've done in the past were on open back cabs, so that was fairly obvious, but it looked like these Cubes were pretty "busy" on their back sides. ;)

• Members
Okay, so now I'm confused again.
:lol:

I can see phillips head screw heads on the rim of the speaker behind the grill, but don't know if that would do the trick.

By the way Doc, what speaker did you use for your upgrade???

wonder why the back would be removeable if access is from the front.

• Members
Okay, so now I'm confused again.
:lol:

I can see phillips head screw heads on the rim of the speaker behind the grill, but don't know if that would do the trick.

By the way Doc, what speaker did you use for your upgrade???

I tried a Celestion Tube 10 and one of the speakers that comes stock in the Vox AD30VT amps. I ended up putting the stock Roland speaker back in the amp and selling it because I liked the AD30 better.

• Members

wonder why the back would be removeable if access is from the front.

Well, clearly the electronics would be accessed from the back, but with a removable speaker grill, I was just trying to figure out if the speaker came out the front side.

It looks like it will.

Guess I'll just have to grab the screwdriver and see what happens.

My wife was just bitchin at me while I was playing through the 20X. She said the tone sounded like #$@.

Well, I just bought it for solid state practice anyway, but I thought I might just put a Jensen C8R in it. Since they're only about $30, I figured it might be worth a shot.

• Members

Well, clearly the electronics would be accessed from the back, but with a removable speaker grill, I was just trying to figure out if the speaker came out the front side.

It looks like it will.

Guess I'll just have to grab the screwdriver and see what happens.

My wife was just bitchin at me while I was playing through the 20X. She said the tone sounded like #$@.

Well, I just bought it for solid state practice anyway, but I thought I might just put a Jensen C8R in it. Since they're only about $30, I figured it might be worth a shot.

That's funny, My ex-wife had really good ears, too, and didn't hesitate to inform me of {censored}ty sounding gear (or playing).

• Members

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone done an upgrade to a Micro Cube? Did you find an improvement? What kind of speaker did you use?

i upgraded my micro cube with an 8" pioneer 3-way car audio speaker.

i followed this guy's guide: http://www.lojeck.com/brian/MicroCubeRepair.html

i had to make a new speaker baffle to fit the larger speaker.

Archived