Looking for a Fuzz pedal: which one??

Misha

• Members

This pedal seems like a lot of fun!!

I have three days off next week! I'm going to ask my teacher for 2 or 3 lessons instead of one (an hour each) and would like to get me a fuzz!

I'm also thinking of getting a Tech 21 SansAmp British. Don't know if it's usable with headphones though???

• Members

I have the Swollen Pickle mk.II, it is very versatile. The Barber Trifecta is also a good fuzz. The Dano Cool Cat fuzz is very good for the money. Musket Fuzz is also awesome. If you are looking for strictly Hendrix though, the Fuzz Face is it.

• Members

This, it is the same circuit as the big fuzz face in a smaller package. If you want to drop some cash and go boutique, the Skreddy Lunar Module is apparantly very good.

Mmm...I thought that it was the same but couldn't remember. If I was dropping some cash on a boutique pedal I would also consider one of the Analogman Sunface models.

• Members

Is there a huge difference between the red fuzz face and the blue hendrix model?

Also, is it important top get germanium rather than silicon for that hendrix sound or is that all market bull{censored}?

germanium is what he used early on. silicon was more his BOG tone.

i say go with what works best for you. no matter what i do, i'm not going to sound like hendrix. i'm going to sound like me. having similar gear isn't going to help things any.

• Members

germanium is what he used early on. silicon was more his BOG tone.

i say go with what works best for you. no matter what i do, i'm not going to sound like hendrix. i'm going to sound like me. having similar gear isn't going to help things any.

I think it can help a little bit. Command of the material / style is always going to be the biggest "key" (imo).

• Members

Is there a huge difference between the red fuzz face and the blue hendrix model?

Also, is it important top get germanium rather than silicon for that hendrix sound or is that all market bull{censored}?

The red one is germanium and the blue one is silicon.

• Members

Thank's everybody for all your suggestions! Lots of products I had no idea of!

I will print this thread and carry it with me when I'll go shopping for my Fuzz!

Barber and MI-Audio pedals are very hard to find in Montreal. Not even a single dealer I think. Maybe one for MI-Audio but it's a 100 Km drive! (Too bad cause I would love to try these products!)

I just talked to my teacher and now that my lessons are booked, I can't wait to get my Fuzz!

Archived