Good Inexpensive Pedals

Vespertine

• Members

Depends what you mean by inexpensive.
My LPB-1 is the best $30 I have ever spent on gear but I recently picked up a liquid blues by damage control which is amongst the best $95 I have ever spent on gear.
There is a thread on these awesome pedals lurking around here somewhere.

• Members

The little Dano's go for about 30 bucks... the drive one has worked out ok for me... it's meant to be a low cost alternative to the heralded Fulltone OCD and I think it gets pretty close... and is a no brainer at that price.

I think they're going to discontinue this line, so if you want one, you should act fast!

M

• Members
I spent 60 bucks on a new Electro harmonix metal muff nano that Im diggin,,,The thing has some major ballz
:thu:

I think Electro Harmonix is making lots of great quality reasonably priced and interesting effects boxes lately.

I think the Digitech Screamin' Blues overdrive is under rated. It's got a bit of an aural exciter quality to it. And it's pretty cheap.

• Members

The Danelectros are great inexpensive pedals. I only have one at the moment, a Surf & Turf Compressor, but it is the first of many compressors I've owned that actually does what it's supposed to do. All the others just seemed to screw things up.

I also have a couple of Behringer pedals which are great, for the money or otherwise. A TO800 overdrive and an older DD100 delay. I sold a Echo Park, because I liked the DD100 better.

The Deltalab stuff is also pretty good. I'm running a Stereo Chorus and it sounds great.

• Members

Digitech appears to be a great value; I've seen a lot of love for those pedals.

+1

Their current RP-55 multieffects pedal sells for $50, and has tons of effects, amp models, stereo output, built-in tuner, built-in drum machine for practicing, and drives stereo headphones. I know two guys that have these and they can't stop raving about them.

• Members

I talk about it a lot but its one of the better purchases I've made, my Digitech RP250. Its got amp and cab models, some are great (I like the Fender Twin, it sounds really good through a PA or monitors), some are not (the high gain amps are kind of uninspiring), but aside from all that you can turn both amp and cab modeling off and just use the effects which are downright decent and some of them are really great. I got mine when it was nearly $200, but now they go for around $100. For the price of two or three decent pedals, you can get a wide range of effects. It has an expression pedal that you can link to all sorts of parameters, a perfect representation of a Digitech Whammy, Lexicon reverb and some very decent distortion models as well as all the other usual effects you would expect. It's got a true bypass, a tuner (which doesn't suck anymore since they released the latest firmware), and you can use it for recording on your computer. Honestly these days I mostly use it as a pre-amp to plug in to my computer so I can use Guitar Rig 4 which is far better than any multi-effects pedal I've ever used, but for what it cost I think it's a great product.

• Members

Have and love the Dano CC TOD, Drive, and Fuzz; love/hate relationship with the Distortion.

Also have an original CC Chorus that's great, and goes for virtually nothing these days.

Have two Fish 'n Chips as well, do the job nicely.

French Toast is tasty if you're into that sound.

My other Dano food pedals have come and gone, typically decent but not exceptional.

Looking forward to the new GFS pedals, though I really don't need more.

• Members

Lots of Danos. Also, some of the Artec pedals sound killer. I have a Soloist. Their Phase sounds sweet too. And I just got a Coffin overdrive pedal for $44 that sounds pretty good. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Coffin-Case-BDFX1-Blood-Drive-Distortion-Pedal-Regular?sku=150020 I've heard it described as a slightly more modern sounding Tube Screamer.

Archived