Need another reason why karaoke is bad?

GuitarPlayerFL

• Members

I'm just glad they told us what song started the fight -

The alleged victim, 25-year-old Leidy Alcantara, was singing
when the suspects started accosting her.

"I was singing the song in Spanish, and some girl said I was very annoying," Alcantara told the New York Daily News.

• Members

Perhaps the owner of that establishment can enhance the security measures; or at least install some chicken wire ala Blues Brothers!!

The advantage of a live act is you at least have a guitar ( or a drum stick ?) to swing back at them with !!! I guess the keyboard player is pretty defensless though ( they usually are !)

• Members

Had the colors been reversed, this would have been classed as a racially motivated hate-crime.

Says who?

This cowardly attack is just one more reflection of the apparent death of any kind of honor or sense of fairplay in fighting.

Or maybe that stuff never really existed.

I can tell you for sure that when I used to get beat up in junior high in the early mid 60s, it was typically by more than one person, often jocks. Many of the jocks at my junior high and high school seemed to have virtually no sense of one-on-one fairplay. It was always a dogpile with them. That was at an all white school but I'm afraid this is pandemic.

• Members

Perhaps the owner of that establishment can enhance the security measures; or at least install some chicken wire ala
Blues Brothers
!!

The advantage of a live act is you at least have a guitar ( or a drum stick ?) to swing back at them with !!! I guess the keyboard player is pretty defensless though ( they usually are !)

The sole advantage of those silly sling-them-over-your-shoulder strapped keyboards that had a brief and small popularity in the 80s. Some of them had a little 'neck' or handle that stuck out... perfect for jabbing or grabbing as a handle for a swinging defense. So to speak.

I guess the keyboard player is pretty defensless though ( they usually are !)

In the old times we had tons and tons of floppy disks available... You could use them as lethal ninja shurikens :evil:

... these days, however, I guess we're really defenseless :eek:

* Note to blue2blue: A keyboardist who respects to himself does not use portable / strap-on keyboards :p

I'm just glad they told us what song started the fight - A dios le pido, by Juanes -

A couple of years ago I visited Medellin, Colombia, where Juanes was born.

As usual, I asked the band at the pub to let me sing with them... and they asked me to sing this same song :eek:

If the mexican -that was me- commited a mistake while singing one of Juanes' greatest hits right at his birth town to a very drunk audience, the consequences would had been quite similar to what we're reading in this article :lol: Fortunately, I survived :D

• Members

Says who?

C"mon, now... If it had six white chicks that attacked a single black chick while complaining that the black chicks use of Ebonics while singing was "annoying", you know damn well that the media would have been all over this like flies on {censored}.

:cop:

Archived