My band just got our first review for our CD single! Way cool

curseoftruth

• Members

Great review of our CD single at stonerrock.com - Justin from the band Kin of Ettins wrote it up, did a great job, the man is becoming the godfather of the stoner/doom scene in DFW. This is the first time, EVER, in 25+ years of doing this that I've ever gotten my music independently reviewed.

Our style is often called doom or stoner rock, but its really just heavy rock with a lot of influences including psychedelic, southern rock, and classic rock. We are influenced heavily by 70s hard rock bands.

http://bit.ly/8qMXAs FIXED LINK WITH A SHORT URL

You can hear the recordings (Black Goat based on the Drag Me To Hell film) and Don't Preach at our myspace site:

http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxfuzz

l_75c6d7068e7b4d28943611489821cc22.jpg

For you gear heads, we used the following on the recordings:

61 Re-Issue Gibson SG

Gibson Flying V

Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus

Gibson Les Vintage Mahogany

Matamp GTO 120

Orange Rockerverb 100

Parachute Wah (best wah on the market)

Orange PPC412 cab with V30s

Ric Bass

Ampeg SVT 4 Pro

• Members

Thanks for the kind words fellas. As Joey mentioned, these are not even the final mixed/mastered versions. Some things need to be tweaked a bit including the organ toward the end of Don't Preach which you can't really even hear in this version.

And the person who mentioned the titles, I don't like Don't Preach as a title or really even the lyrics, but they've been with the song for a long time so I doubt they will be changed. I like everything about Black Goat. We've gotten better with titles of late lol such as 440 Death Ride, Riding Dragonflies Through Mescaline Skies, Villagers With Torches, and Southern Witch! Hell Yeah..

Archived