Black Friday/Guitar Center Sale Weekend.....Anyone Get Anything Special?

Bbreaker

• Members
Sweet! Where? I didn't see any online places that had the satin black ones in stock. I debated between the satin black and faded cherry. Hard decision to make but I already have a black LP so I went with the cherry. I got mine from sweetwater.

i got mine from music 123. i do alot of business with a good rep so he hooked me up. its not here yet its mid january, but i got 20% off. that will be the second LP in my lineup.

• Members
i got mine from music 123. i do alot of business with a good rep so he hooked me up. its not here yet its mid january, but i got 20% off. that will be the second LP in my lineup.

Awesome. I got sweetwater to match a GC 20% coupon I had after they screwed the pooch with my wechter acoustic order. Mine will also be my 2nd LP but my first gibson. First one is an epi LP custom.

• Members

So, how much did that end up setting you back, if you don't mind me asking? Do they really have a maple cap on them now?

640.00. To make up for the wechter cluster{censored} they were willing to price match a GC 20% coupon I had so I decided to order from them instead of GC because their guitar gallery let me pick out the specific one I liked the best.

So far I haven't received any kind of shipping confirmation though. I even emailed the rep I talked to and never got a reply. I emailed him Saturday...still nothing. I called in yesterday and they told me it was shipping yesterday but still no shipping confirmation email like the rep told me I'd get. And no reply to the email I sent him on Saturday. I don't expect to be catered to hand and foot but so far I'm slightly underwhelmed with their after-sale follow up. A bunch of people here are always complaining about sweetwater constantly calling them after the sale but they haven't called me once or returned my emails. :confused: (btw, MF and M123 and WWBW always automatically send me a shipping confirmation email with tracking info.)

I don't know....I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the rep is out sick or went on vacation this week but still, he said I'd get a shipping confirmation notification. I suppose I may have misheard or misunderstood and maybe they don't sent out automatic shipping confirmations. Right now I'm firmly undecided about my opinion of sweetwater.

Oh, as for the maple cap, if I'm not mistaken it's a mahogany body and cap. Pickups are burstbucker pros. The ones with the maple caps are the finished ones. The worn cherry and brown are mahogany. At least from what I could tell by the info on gibson's site which isn't always very clear.

• Members
the faded cherry and brown, and the satin ebony are all mahogany. the red and brown have burstbuckers, 50s neck, and gig bag and the black has uncovered 498/490, 60s neck, and hard case.

where did you find those specs? i still wasnt sure until now what pickups were in the satin ebony that is on the way.

what is the difference between the 50's and 60's necks?

• Members

Update on my last post - just got an email shipping confirmation. They must have read my mind (or this thread)! I know some people had their wechters shipped the same day they ordered them, not sure why it took them 4 days to ship my order (I know....I know...I'm never happy...), but at least it's on the way. :cool:

• Members
where did you find those specs? i still wasnt sure until now what pickups were in the satin ebony that is on the way.

what is the difference between the 50's and 60's necks?

well the box said 60s neck as did the tag when i purchased it. i mainly bought cause it was the best sounding and feeling gibby in my price range that day and i got a great deal because of a single scratch on it. i really love it, playing it right now. i emailed gibson for the specs and they got back to me with them. you wont be disappointed.
the 50s neck is much fatter, think like a baseball bat (i know, not a real baseball bat neck). the 60s neck is slimmer, and i think the nut width is narrower as well, which i happen to like a lot, not that i dont like the 50s necks. the 498/490 would normally be just a bit dull with all mahogany, but without the pickups covers they are a bit punchier and make up for it. i really like the sound of this thing, as well as the feel of the faded finish and the 60s neck.:thu:

• Members
I should have got a DeltaLabs Digital Delay for $19, but no...I was too lazy to go there. The manager at my GC tried to override the system to give to it to me at that price today and it wouldn't let him...

I got one. If you need a cheap delay, it was a good deal, but it's fairly cold and clinical.

• Members

I spend my weekend camping in Hershey, Pa.

Last night, it was 32 degrees. No campfire. No campfire boozing.

7:30 this morning, our water was shut off. It was kinda slushy according to the campground security.

We went with our motor home.

I did the tent thing many years ago.

I'm too much of a {censored} to do that now.

Anyway, we went to the Harrisburg, Pa GC.

Nothing said go into a 12 month pay off deal for me.

They did have this PRS Starla in the ugliest color blue I have ever seen. It was close to Fender's 1980 Maui Blue.
:freak:
It'll probably be worth a fortune 30 years from now.

The Harrisburg, PA GC is pretty weak. The acoustic room is alright, but otherwise it's underwhelming. Most of the electric guitars are beat, and their prices aren't all that great. If I'd have known you were freezing your ass off in Hershey last weekend I would have swung by to say hello and brought some booze along. I live 20 minutes away, in Lebanon.