Affordable (sub-$1000) American-made guitars?

paulisme

• Members

Honestly there is nothing wrong with buying used and you will definitely get more guitar for your money. My local GC has a Custom shop Fender in immaculate condition for 899 used. This guitar sells new for 2500. You can get American Strats and teles for 5-800 all day long

• Members

Gibson Les Paul Faded

Gibson Les Paul Junior

Gibson SG Faded

Gibson SG Classic

Gibson Faded V

Gibson Melody Maker

Gibson SG Special

Gibson Les Paul Special

I'm probably leaving something out, but when you consider all the heat Gibson gets for being overpriced, it would seem that they really aren't forgetting about the musician on a budget.

• Members

Gibson Les Paul Faded

Gibson Les Paul Junior

Gibson SG Faded

Gibson SG Classic

Gibson Faded V

Gibson Melody Maker

Gibson SG Special

Gibson Les Paul Special

I'm probably leaving something out, but when you consider all the heat Gibson gets for being overpriced, it would seem that they really aren't forgetting about the musician on a budget.

+1 and add the faded Explorers.

Gibson gets a lot of {censored}. But there are between 6-10 USA made models under a grand at all times.

Fender, you listening?

• Members

Honestly there is nothing wrong with buying used and you will definitely get more guitar for your money. My local GC has a Custom shop Fender in immaculate condition for 899 used. This guitar sells new for 2500. You can get American Strats and teles for 5-800 all day long

I'v got nothing against used guitars; out of the 8 or so guitars I own, I only bought one new. I was just wondering if there were many American manufacturers out there making affordable gear.

Archived