Minister Farrakhan - H1N1 vaccine designed to kill people

Phait

• Members

Dunno anything about the guy.

I had a gig once where they put me up at the same hotel that Farrakhan happened to be staying at.

It was one of the weirdest Frakhan experiences of my life.

His - I don't know what to call them - bodyguards? disciples? zombies? - stood guard around the hotel 24/7. The ones "stationed" at the entrance determined when hotel staff could or could not enter the hotel. Not that they had any right to do that. It was like they were playing soldier, and everyone just played along.

The hotel workers were all on edge. I mean, you're in a hotel, and there's all these creepy guys who aren't any sanctioned security force acting like one, and the hotel staff had to act like everything was normal.

At one point, several of his cronies were sitting around sofas in the lobby. So I sat down and talked to them, or rather tried to talk to them, and they refused to talk to me. I would talk, and they would simply not respond. It was surreal. They maintained serious, stiff expressions, very self important. At the same time, there was just something dopey about it all, their clothes costumish, their posturing ridiculous.

One time one of them in the lobby responded to a cordial hello or something I might have said and immediately the others glowered at him disapprovingly, rebuking his grievous breach of protocol.

Then, there was some bus outside in the parking lot flanked by cars, a makeshift motorcade that belonged to the group and was guarded by people who would walk threateningly in your direction if you happened to walk too close to it. One day I walked by and one of the "guards" trailed me for a while as I went to get food.

They seemed to spend a lot of time together... sure hope they got their flu shots. :idea:

• Members

I'm as hardy as a horse, since my relatives, who all shared the same genetic material in a tiny Irish hamlet, all caught, but survived, the Bubonic Plague in the year 14 AD

The Great Bubonic Plague (The Black Death) took place in the 1340-50's. :poke:

It also returned nearly every generation, until the 1700's.

• Members

One time one of them in the lobby responded to a cordial hello or something I might have said and immediately the others glowered at him disapprovingly, rebuking his grievous breach of protocol.

"Holy {censored}, a talking cat!" They thought quietly to themselves. But no one was supposed to admit it out loud. ;)

• Members

My understanding is that H1N1 shots are really no different than any other seasonal flu shot (that I get every year). Made the same way. Though I probably have some protection by virtue of my age, I'll be getting the H1N1 shot as well (there's no vaccine shortage in my country). If someone got seriously ill because of my mild case that I could have avoided, couldn't live with myself.

A good article in this month's Wired about the anti-vax contingent:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience

Childhood diseases that have been essentially eradicated in North America are starting to come back because of these misinformed (and in my view, irresponsible) people. I've been living with a nasty aftereffect of a nearly eradicated childhood disease since I was 7.

js

• Members

Government and big business are very obviously hand in hand. Billions of vaccines is very very big money. The notion that it's crazy to think the kind of people who are in thrall to money will do things that will make them huge amounts of money is very naive. Take a look at the following person's site.

http://www.russellblaylockmd.com/

Dr. Blaylock is a board certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He attended the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his general surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. During his residency he ran the neurology program for one year and did a fellowship in neurosurgery after his residency.

During his residency training he worked with the eminent neurosurgeon, Dr. Ludwig Kempe. Together they developed the transcallosal removal of intraventricular tumors, which is still used today. Dr. Blaylock presented their cases utilizing this technique to the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. They also developed the ventriculolymphatic shunt in the treatment of hydrocephalus. In addition, they conducted neuroanatomical studies together with the aim of developing improved approaches in vascular intracranial surgery."

Look in detail at his page on Swine Flu. Having offered lots of relevant data he writes:

"we see that the hospitalization rates are actually lower for the swine flu than in previous seasons. is obvious that the Government is using

• Members

...and you can bet that if people start dying left and right, there will be an uproar about how the government didn't do enough or act fast enough. I think a lot of the urgency of the response is that the government doesn't want to have another Katrina situation. Nonetheless, there are compelling reasons not to trust the big pharmaceutical companies.

I agree. There will always be something to complain about and there will always be some angle for the conspiracy theorists. The H1N1 vaccine should be volunteer just like the regular flu virus. If you really want to start a panic, make it mandatory. Of course, at that point, I will be investing every penny into the companies manufacturing the vaccine. :thu:

• Moderators

I agree. There will always be something to complain about and there will always be some angle for the conspiracy theorists. The H1N1 vaccine should be volunteer just like the regular flu virus. If you really want to start a panic, make it mandatory. Of course, at that point, I will be investing every penny into the companies manufacturing the vaccine.
:thu:

I'm already in.

The two companies you want are Baxter and Glaxo Smith Kline. Of the two, I'd say Baxter is the better bet as they have a huge portfolio of meds they make. They're the Sisco Foods of the drug business.

Terry D.

• Members

About 2 weeks ago I had a cough that, in the span of about 3 days, turned into a 103+ fever. About a week previous I had what I thought was a cold.

Hoped it would go away with ibuprofen, didn't. Upset stomach, extremely weak feeling.

The next night/early morning I suddenly felt REALLY, REALLY BAD. As in, I thought I might by dying. A very weird thing, because it wasn't a particular pain or anything, just the sensation that I feel REALLY BAD.

Tried walking to the bathroom...somehow decided that laying on the floor with my shirt off felt better. Eventually it passed, but it was pretty mortally scary.

Went to a clinic that morning, X-rayed, had a little pneumonia in one lung. Sulfamethazone 10 days prescribed. I continued to have a fever ranging from 100-102.7 for about a week. I've *never* had a fever longer than a few days. Had shaking chills, that was a first, that was weird. I've never had to miss work for 2 weeks, but I had to.

I've still got a little cough, something in my lungs, feel about 75%. Rib cage muscles hurt. After the fever stopped, I still felt pretty bad - felt like mono at that point.

I don't know if I had h1n1; I've never had pneumonia, but I'm told it comes along with it. But whatever it was, it scared me pretty good.

/ had a 12 hour + day/big gig saturday, that sucked really bad...

• Members

Well, people say they didn't notice it was a "bad gig", but it felt like one.

I mean, I don't actually *want* an excuse for a bad gig... "oh, sorry, I had the Oink-Oink (what I'm calling h1n1), that's why I looked like a Weeble Wobbling on stage tonight". I hate thinking about what 800 people were thinking, like "why does he keep turning around and wincing?" (rib cage hurts when I cough), "why is he sort of just standing real still now?" (I suddenly have no energy), "his vibrato is sort of limp right there" (see aforementioned dearth of energy problem). "He looks like there's a strong wind blowing" (just don't feel like moving around the stage).

Probably just lingering pneumonia, but if the oink-oink is worse than what hit me week before last - I can't imagine.

• Members

Well, people say they didn't notice it was a "bad gig", but it felt like one.

Probably just lingering pneumonia, but if the oink-oink is worse than what hit me week before last - I can't imagine.

Just from what we've seen so far, you're probably right.

You likely did catch the H1N1, which in healthy adults usually starts out as something next to nothing (which is how it felt to me...low-grade fever, mild muscle aches and "the blahs"), but it quickly compromises your immune system, and can leave you wide open for a secondary infection, if not treated. The doctor I work with perscribes an antibiotic, like Keflex, if a patient's 5-minute flu test comes back positive. If the test shows positive for flu A, then we send another throat swab to the state lab for typing.

While the antibiotic isn't going to do anything for you, as far as the flu, itself, it will likely keep you from getting that secondary infection, which is what is actually killing people.

And yes...pneumonia will make you feel like you are about to buy the farm.

I had double pneumonia back in 2001...I went to bed feeling awful, slept propped up on pillows, because laying down made me feel like I was being waterboarded. Woke up at dawn gasping and my (then) wife actually had to dress me to take me to the hospital, as even the slightest movement made me feel like I was dying.

They actually called a code blue on me, in the ER, because I couldn't breathe and I had chest pains, which was simply my 75% fluid-filled lungs trying to get oxygen.

Ugly, ugly memories.

• Members

To be fair, a lot of the backlash is from people who remember the Swine Flu epidemic of the 70s, which never materialized. Yet many people claimed to have suffered permanent neurological damage due to bad reactions to the vaccine, and many reputable doctors agree this is likely.

There was also the recent incident involving some pharmaceutical company (I don't recall exactly, perhaps Pfizer?) sending vaccines that were contaminated with HIV. Couple that with the Bush administration signing a drug program into law that prohibited competitive bidding among pharmaceutical companies and the immense amounts that big pharma spends on lobbying, and it's no wonder some people think that the H1N1 vaccine is primarily a money grab by various companies, who are reported to have already made $7 billion from the vaccine.

Of course, the situation is likely to be as you describe, and you can bet that if people start dying left and right, there will be an uproar about how the government didn't do enough or act fast enough. I think a lot of the urgency of the response is that the government doesn't want to have another Katrina situation. Nonetheless, there are compelling reasons not to trust the big pharmaceutical companies.

I hear ya.

I had the flu one time as an adult in 1977 and I thought I was going to die. I never want to be that sick again. The company I work for gives vaccinations each year for seasonal flu. Based on that one experience, I go for it every year. I have to admit that I was somewhat miffed last year, I think it was, when they produced a vaccine for the wrong type of flu for that particular year and that sort of fits your advice above. However I hate to be sick in any way... It takes up too much time and if it can be avoided I'd rather do that. Common sense the way I see it.

BTW, I thought that flu vaccines were made by only one or two companies and not big pharma, as the profit margins are slim due to no ongoing market as it has to be new production every year. Yes? No?

• Members

I make sure the agency I work for orders vaccine for us each year. When you crunch the numbers the chance of death from the flu is much higher than getting something from the vaccine. It's rampant in my area and every school system has closed because rampant flu.

I think if someone was going to should government conspiricy it would be from the shortage of vaccine.

Archived