Minister Farrakhan - H1N1 vaccine designed to kill people

Phait

• Members

http://www.examiner.com/x-6732-SF-Health-and-Beauty-Examiner~y2009m10d20-Minister-Farrakhan-joins-the-fight-against-H1N1-flu-vaccine

More at link...

Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan has spoken out against the H1N1 flu vaccine claiming it was made to kill people, according to UPI.

Farrakhan, 76, spoke for nearly three hours Sunday at a gathering to observe the religious group's Holy Day of Atonement, which also marked the 14th anniversary of the Million Man March in Washington, the (Memphis) Commercial Appeal reported, citing a source who attended the speech.

"The Earth can't take 6.5 billion people. We just can't feed that many. So what are you going to do? Kill as many as you can. We have to develop a science that kills them and makes it look as though they died from some disease," Farrakhan said, adding that many wise people won't take the vaccine.

If you've been following the controversy over the H1N1 flu vaccine you may already be aware that Farrakhan
is not alone in his observation that the vaccine is considered unhealthy and not necessary for everyone; even the scientists who helped develop the smallpox vaccine say they are not going to take the vaccine and urge their friends and family not to take it either.

• Members

Interesting. I've heard nothing but "it's safe" from all the credible scientific sources I've researched. NPR has run numerous stories questioning the safety of it and every expert I've heard has stated it is. Are there any documented deaths from the vaccine yet as it is currently being administered?

• Members

Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan has spoken out against the H1N1 flu vaccine claiming it was made to kill people, according to UPI.

Translation: give me attention, I need it I want I got to have it. Pleeeeze, I promise to say something even crazier next time :wave:

• Members
  • Members

The clinic I work at has given out over 700 doses of the H1N1, with no adverse effects, yet.

I didn't take it...I actually caught it two weeks before the vaccine was delivered.

"The Pig" was really almost nothing, in my case...it felt more like a mild case of mono, than flu.

• Members

"The Pig" was really almost nothing, in my case...it felt more like a mild case of mono, than flu.

Other than the initial fever spike, I agree. In my case, it seemed like I'd had much worse and longer-lasting flus. I mean, it sucked, and I'd rather have remained healthy than had it at all. But I was pretty sure I wasn't going to die or anything drastic like that. 3-4 days later I felt weakened but basically okay.

• Members

FWIW...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/17/earlyshow/health/main5246940.shtml

http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-Examiner~y2009m9d23-Do-no-harm-health-workers-join-mandatory-H1N1-vaccine-resisters

http://thebirdflupandemic.com/archives/h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-insert-admits-it-causes-guillain-barre-syndrome-vasculitis-paralysis-anaphylactic-shock-and-death

http://politicolnews.com/topics/h1n1-vaccine-chemical-cocktail-of-death/

Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Vasculitis, Paralysis, Anaphylactic Shock And Death - every one of those is listed as 1-in-1,000,000 cases (or greater). :rolleyes:

You have better odds of developing cancer, having a heart attack, contracting a MRSA (methicillan-resistent staph infection), dying in an auto accident, or being struck by lightning.

If anything, this H1N1 nasal mist seems to have less complications than the seasonal flu mist or shot.

• Members

Other than the initial fever spike, I agree. In my case, it seemed like I'd had much worse and longer-lasting flus. I mean, it sucked, and I'd rather have remained healthy than had it at all. But I was pretty sure I wasn't going to die or anything drastic like that. 3-4 days later I felt weakened but basically okay.

I never even developed any respiratory problems...if fact, the low-grade fever, diarrhea, and muscle aches seemed to make my almost ubiquitous allergies and/or sinus infection go away for a few days.

• Members

Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Vasculitis, Paralysis, Anaphylactic Shock And Death - every one of those is listed as 1-in-
cases (or greater).
:rolleyes:

You have better odds of developing cancer, having a heart attack, contracting a MSRA (methicillan-resistent staph infection), dying in an auto accident, or being struck by lightning.

If anything, this H1N1 nasal mist seems to have less complications than the seasonal flu mist or shot.

As soon as I read Guillain-Barre Syndrome, I know feel 100% secure in my lack of fear regarding the vaccination. I'm very familiar with GBS as a friend in college came down with it after having a viral infection. It's nasty stuff indeed but very rare and, unless they've made a break though, is a complete mystery of what exactly causes it to occur.

It's interesting that the first article states in big bold text the supposed results of the 1976 vaccination. Someone skimming the article would likely assume they were referring to the current vaccine which to my understanding is not the same as the 1976 version. Also, 500 cases of GBS allegedly reported out of how many vaccinated? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000? Classic case of fear mongering. The CBS article is much more balanced presenting the risks on both sides of the pov.

• Members

It is hard for me to believe that thinking people can actually believe that a vaccine is a government plot. Vaccines virtually eliminated polio and Small Pox. Anybody want to take their chances with those diseases? Same with measles. Has anyone actually read anything about what the great flu pandemic of 1918 was like? It was horrible. They died like flies and the death was ugly and awful.

So the government does its best to get head of the game, after the manufacturers originally said they could not come up with a vaccine before November, and actually starts to get it out their earlier than projected. The public's response? Panic and paranoia. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Everybody who hasn't already been sick with this thing should arrange to get a vaccination as a service to themselves and their fellow citizens, unless of course we've all become our separate little nations, in which case we can do whatever we like. Last time I looked this was still the United States a America, the country we've been so fond of calling the greatest in the world. A great people do not retreat into conspiracy land when faced with a public health issue.

As for Louis Farrakhan, consider the source.

• Members

It is hard for me to believe that thinking people can actually believe that a vaccine is a government plot. Vaccines virtually eliminated polio and Small Pox. Anybody want to take their chances with those diseases? Same with measles. Has anyone actually read anything about what the great flu pandemic of 1918 was like? It was horrible. They died like flies and the death was ugly and awful.

To be fair, a lot of the backlash is from people who remember the Swine Flu epidemic of the 70s, which never materialized. Yet many people claimed to have suffered permanent neurological damage due to bad reactions to the vaccine, and many reputable doctors agree this is likely.

There was also the recent incident involving some pharmaceutical company (I don't recall exactly, perhaps Pfizer?) sending vaccines that were contaminated with HIV. Couple that with the Bush administration signing a drug program into law that prohibited competitive bidding among pharmaceutical companies and the immense amounts that big pharma spends on lobbying, and it's no wonder some people think that the H1N1 vaccine is primarily a money grab by various companies, who are reported to have already made $7 billion from the vaccine.

Of course, the situation is likely to be as you describe, and you can bet that if people start dying left and right, there will be an uproar about how the government didn't do enough or act fast enough. I think a lot of the urgency of the response is that the government doesn't want to have another Katrina situation. Nonetheless, there are compelling reasons not to trust the big pharmaceutical companies.

• Moderators

Should probably point out that young people are most at risk from H1N1 as they tend to not have antibodies that older folks (including most of the people on this forum) do.

I get my avian flu shot every year, but I personally wouldn't take the H1N1 vaccine as (for me) the gain is outweighed by the (very small) risks.

Terry D.

• Members

I got slammed with "something" about 2 weeks ago that dropped me to the ground. Just prior to going to urgent care, I had sprayed some Vicks sinus saline into my nose to help breathe. With a temperature of 104 degrees, feeling like someone had crushed a glass jar over my head, feeling like I had chewed up glass and swallowed it, and sounding like I had a freight train rumbling in my chest; the doctor immediately put me on TAMI Flu. The sinus swab turned up negative, but she felt that the saline spray negated the finding of any sign of a virus. With all the symptoms, all of which had came upon me over night, she treated me for the H1N1 virus.

It took 5 days to break my fever completely even after starting the medication; 2 days at 104 degrees and the remaining 3 days at 101 degrees. I completed the prescription of the Tami flu almost a week ago and I am still suffering a lot of chest congestion. It's not in the head or sinuses at all, it's all in my chest and it just wants to continue hanging on. I almost felt as though I was trying to redevelop a fever again today while at work, but didn't check it.

I've had pneumonia twice in the past, several years ago, and neither time have I ever felt the discomfort in my chest as what happened almost overnight with the flu that I got this time. It was almost as though someone had a fire hose shoving liquid down my throat and into my chest; it happened so fast and filled up so quickly. Some scary stuff.

I was off of work for an entire week plus two weekends, but in my line of work, I am exposed to every contaminant in the entire country, and in some cases, the entire world. You never know what they next letter you touch is going to deliver...

I'll be happy when my breathing gets back to normal without the rattling in my chest.

• Moderators

Just a little update from what I said before.

Presently, I'm at a hospital pharmacist convention in Dallas, and I was downstairs mooching off their free drinks and food, so I thought, "Why not ask them about swine flu?"

They told me that H1N1 vaccine is not approved for persons over 50, meaning that even if you wanted it you probably can't get it as it's in very short supply. They also explained that there have been a couple of previous swine flu outbreaks (they mentioned one in 1976) which may explain why older people generally have partial immunity to H1N1 and the (relatively) few fatalities so far have been in younger people.

Interestingly, though hospital workers are prioritized for H1N1 vaccine, one hospital pharmacist told me that there have been few takers at her hospital due to concerns about the rush to produce the vaccine and the relative harmlessness of the H1N1 flu observed so far.

The same person told me that there were a very large number of Gullain Barre (GBS) cases in the 70's outbreak and vaccination program, which might or might not explain the public's reluctance to take the current H1N1 vaccine.

Terry D.

• Members

Terry,

I never checked into the vaccine that was offered on site at my job, but they actually contracted medical facilities to set up shop and administer the H1N1 vaccine to any postal employee that wanted to receive it. To my knowledge, there was not any age limit for USPS employees.

The last flu vaccine that I took; I ended up getting the flu immediately afterward so I didn't get the vaccine. Seems I needed it after all.

• Moderators

Terry,

I never checked into the vaccine that was offered on site at my job, but they actually contracted medical facilities to set up shop and administer the H1N1 vaccine to any postal employee that wanted to receive it. To my knowledge, there was not any age limit for USPS employees.

The last flu vaccine that I took; I ended up getting the flu immediately afterward so I didn't get the vaccine. Seems I needed it after all.

I was just relaying what the hospital people told me, but now I've read the official CDC statement on who should get the vaccine.

Apparently due to the current shortage they suggest prioritizing people under age 24 (those at greatest risk of death), and persons who are immunocompromised. Later, when more vaccine is available, they recommend immunizing older people.

Terry D.

Archived