Musician's Gear Cases

gergbee

• Members

Hi,

I have been thinking about getting a case for my Squier VM Thinline but I don't want to spend a lot on one. I see that Musician's Friend has these cases and I was wondering if anyone has one.

I have read mixed reviews online but what I am most concerned with is that some people say a Tele style guitar doesn't really fit properly. If you have one, what are your views?

Anyone have any other case suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

• Members

I have a LP one. Pretty solid for the price. That said, I just got a Coffin case for some of my Tele style guitars. Gonna try it tonight. This model. Got it on the 15% off deal.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Coffin-Case-The-Coffin-Undertaker-Guitar-Case?sku=583680

My CV tele wouldn't fit in the white coffin case I had. :idk:

• Members

Thanks for the info. Dammit, I can't get ahold of my uncle in Yuma to get that 15% off deal. He's my "shipping company" up to Canada.

How often do these promo code deals come up? He usually doesn't come back home til spring so I may have time to wait for another one.

• Members

I have one in black. For a mostly stay at home case, it is just fine. I think you could even do some giging with it. Probably 7 out of 10 for durability. As far as promotions go - you just can never tell. In my mind, I was totally surprised at the lack of great after christmas deals. Watch the "Great Deals" sticky. But I think the best all around deal right now is 15% off at MUSIC123 with "UPROMISE" code.

I think you will be fine with the Musicians Gear case.

- w

• Members

Are the tweed ones built better or do they just look nicer?

The only negative I saw about the one I bought for my stepson to go with a Squier '51 was that it was thicker, top to bottom, than a similar tweed Fender case. I really didn't quite get that, seems like a snugger fit would be more ideal, but I thought the construction quality was adequate.

• Members

I have 4 of them. A Les Paul model, acoustic model, and two for standard strat style. There great cases, not just for the money, but great cases all around. I had a tweed one years ago, but the interior wasn't like what they show on the website. It was a cheap brown fuzz I didn't like at all, but as for protection it was fine.

My son has one and even took in on an airplane to South America and back without any problems.

• Members

I think you could even do some giging with it. Probably 7 out of 10 for durability...

It's more like 4 out of 10. I have a couple that 3 and 4 years old now. I used one of them for gigging for a while and it started breaking quickly and retired it from gigging. I ended up getting a cheap-o hardshell SKB freedom case. This has been better, not perfect, but better that's for sure.

• Members

^^^

Now that I think more about it, the strat case I have is a Rondo case - not Musician's Gear. But I do I have 2 MG LP cases, and they are too small for one of my LP's. The MG cases I do have, I think a person could do some giging with. But I tend to treat all my equipment gently. So your mileage may vary.

- w

• Members

I've got the LP case and the tweed Strat case. They both seem reasonably solid. Not the best cases I own, but unless you're really throwing your stuff around, they should be fine.

I've had the LP case for about 2 1/2 years and the Strat case for about 1 1/2. Both have been taken to gigs at least a few times, and both are still solid.

Archived