2009: What gear did you acquire in the last year?

sylvesterlowery

• Members
It happened...

All were blowouts of one kind or another and probably half of them or more have already been sold, and half of the rest will probably be sold soon...

If I didn't usually turn a small profit on my excesses, I would definitely cut back a lot.
:thu:

Ah, I forget that people who go through a lot of acquisitions may be flipping them. D'oh. That makes more sense then.

Not that it's any of my damn business in the first place. :thu:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bought:
Bogner 1X12 Closed Back Dual Ported cab (Purchaced 2008, delivered 2009)
Mesa F30 Head
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Was gonna be a CHarvel SoCal, but the LP was too good an offer)
Keeley SD-1
Keeley DD-3
Fulltone OCD
Di Marzio Tone Zone
Di Marzio Air Zone
Di Marzio Air Norton (Two of them)
Di Marzio 36th Anniversary Bridge
Di Marzio Norton
Di Marzio HS-3
Seymour Duncan 59
Clestion 8 Ohm Speaker (To replace 16 ohm in Bogner 1X12)
A couple of cables
A few pots
A few parts and stuff to complete my Highway 1 Strat.

Sold/Traded:

ESP LTD EC-500 OW
Schecter Jerry Horton Tempest Sig

• Members

Yeah,I really dig Gilmour,as well.Btw,did your Gilmour Strat come stock with Seymour Duncans,with an SSL-5 Custom at the bridge?

Ed

SD SSL-5 in the bridge (awesome!!!!!!), custom wound Fender in the middle (it's OK) and a custom wound Fender Fat 50 in the neck (awesome!!!!!!!).

It really is an inspirational guitar to play. Them Custom Shop guys do it right.

• Members

SD SSL-5 in the bridge (awesome!!!!!!), custom wound Fender in the middle (it's OK) and a custom wound Fender Fat 50 in the neck (awesome!!!!!!!).

It really is an inspirational guitar to play. Them Custom Shop guys do it right.

Yeah,I agree.A good friend of mine has an SSL-5 Custom in the bridge position of a maple board Strat and it sounds simply incredible through an overdriven tube amp.

Ed

• Members

Got 2 Tubescreamers (Keely Mod TS9, & backup MSL Metal Screamer - highly underrated), vintage Ross phaser, replacement parts for my original Small Stone, got my old Acoustic 125 combo back up & running, fixed my Tobias Nashville guitar, a Frantone Vibutron tremolo (awesome trem!), and heavily modded my Classic 30 to my personal specs (now love it more than ever)...

other acquisitions: 67 Princeton reverb blackface, Black tolex Blues jr, and a new studio to work at (as engineer/producer & musician) ;)

• Members

379287206.jpg

I managed to trade a crappy tuner (just a small little box with a few lights on it) for the Stagg amp you see on top of my "rat-stack", which is now my main amp. Score. Despite the size, it's got nice tone... not the best in the world, I'm sure, but it's good enough for me right now. I can't afford a big thing like a Vox AC30/Fender Twin Reverb, or a head + cab setup, like most of you guys have...

Also the cable, and the little black capo there. I assembled that Strat out of cheap eBay parts, because my last electric had just {censored}ed up so I needed another electric again. That's pretty much all, since I'm a poor bastard, as you can see :lol:

• Members

I'm a lucky guy....

Yamaha SA2000 (1980 MIJ..with OHSC)

Boobtone 1x12...think old skool Marshall (bluesbreaker/Plexi)

Randy

That's a sweet SA2000 Randy. I'm tempted every once in a while to sell my SBG1200 for that or a SA2200.

• Members

This year I had a complete turnover (except my old stand by - Yamaha SBG1200) in my gear.

I sold:
Yamaha L-5A
CIMG0494.jpg

Vox AD60VTH & AD212
CIMG6178.jpg

Raimundo 104M
raimundo104mff.jpg

And I bought and flipped:

Brownsville Impala
CIMG0356.jpg

Ibanez Artstar AS-80
CIMG0379.jpg

Danelectro U1
CIMG0407.jpg

So that I could buy:

Vox AD60VTX
CIMG0625.jpg

Yamaha LL-11 acoustic
CIMG1360.jpg

Rickenbacker 360
CIMG1367.jpg

Fender AVRI Jazzmaster project
CIMG1431.jpg

• Members

I bought a bunch of pedals this year, since I decided to stop using multieffects with my amp. A star (*) means I got rid of it already. A (%) means I'm planning to get rid of it.

Music Man JP6 limited edition

Peavey 6505*

Fulltone 70

Fulltone OCD

R3FX Dual Resistafier*

Blackstar DistX %

MXR 10-band EQ %

MXR Stereo Chorus

MXR Phase 90

MXR Carbon Copy*

Digitech Hardwire Delay

Voodoo Labs PP2