New American Special Telecaster

John_McEnroe

• Members

It's basically a HW1 with Texas Special pickups and a Poly finish.

Still, i wouldn't pass one up if it were offered to me.

Different pickups, different frets, different finish.

I guess they are both telecasters you are correct. I personally hate the frets and finish on the highway ones.

• Members

Different pickups, different frets, different finish.

I guess they are both telecasters you are correct. I personally hate the frets and finish on the highway ones.

Actually they have the same Frets, HWY1s had Jumbos too. Even has the same greasebucket tone circuit as the HWY1s. Its essentially a HWY1 with poly finish and TX specials

• Members

Fender only uses nitro for like the most expensive stuff, so don't expect a cheap american tele to be finished in nitro.

HW1's aren't really nitro, if you will throw that.

These look nice for the $799 they will go for, but I expect at least the same quality over the MIM Classic series if they want the same money, because I think the classic series are a lot of guitar.

• Members

Fender only uses nitro for like the most expensive stuff, so don't expect a cheap american tele to be finished in nitro.

HW1's aren't really nitro, if you will throw that.

These look nice for the $799 they will go for, but I expect at least the same quality over the MIM Classic series if they want the same money, because I think the classic series are a lot of guitar.

"...cheap american tele..."

Ha, here's a new saying I never thought I would hear......

• Members

"...cheap american tele..."

Ha, here's a new saying I never thought I would hear......

Lol +1

I'd like to play one before I ordered one. The price is nice, but I have zero issues with MIM's and these seems to have almost the exact same specs minus the pups.

• Members

Lol +1

I'd like to play one before I ordered one. The price is nice, but I have zero issues with MIM's and these seems to have almost the exact same specs minus the pups.

Agreed. Resale would be something to think about though. I bet these would be easier to flog on craigslist when you are done with them than say a classic 50's or baja.

• Members

Whoever said the frets are the same on the HWY 1s and this new one... you are right, I was sure when I checked it out that they were different. I can't stand the HWY 1 frets so that basically kills this for me. Total drag. I want a white standard american tele... I can't believe they don't make one.

Archived