Famous Italian American Guitarists?

RoboCop00

• Members

Originally posted by Ostracized

Little Stephen Van Zant (spelling?) of the Sopranos and the East St. Band.

That's E Street Band!

Best Italian guitarist I know of is the late, great Tommy Tedesco. He is known as the Godfather of session playing and the most recorded guitarist of all time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Kace

Lacuna Coil is an Italian band. Not necessarily Italian-American I don't think, but I saw em' at Ozzfest last week and they rocked pretty hard.

The guitarists weren't any sort of virtuosos as the main draw of the band I think is their singer, but good nonetheless.

I have to disagree. I thought their tone was muddy and their songs were the least bit interesting. "Hey, 1996 is calling, they want their songs back." *yawn*

• Members

Originally posted by oryan

I have to disagree. I thought their tone was muddy and their songs were the least bit interesting. "Hey, 1996 is calling, they want their songs back." *yawn*

+1 They're a little too nu-metal for my taste, too.

• Members

Originally posted by GibsonQC

We may as well throw Jon Bon Jovi in the mix, too. He picks up the guitar from time to time. Original last name was "Bongiovi", I believe.

Italian-American is different from Italian (as a previous poster asked). Italians are citizens of Italy, and generally live there and speak some dialect of Italian fluently. I'm an Italian-American: an American citizen of Italian descent, I do not live in Italy nor have I ever, and I do not speak the Italian language very well. So, there is a big difference between being "Italian" and "Italian-American". Both terms are politically correct, btw.

oh god damnt

political correctness is so freakin stupid

we're not talking about your nationality we're talking about your race

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Frank Zappa was born in Baltimore, Maryland on December 21, 1940, to Francis Zappa (born in Partinico, Sicily, of Greek and Lebanese descent) and Rose Marie Colimore (who was of 3 quarters Italian including Sicilian and 1/4 French descent).

There's also Frank's one-time guitarist, ["Catholic girls ....."] Warren Cuccurullo.

Y'all better be careful with this thread, before Buggin Out gets all up in your {censored}.

[YOUTUBE]9kSR88HEKSQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Joe Pass... real name Joe Pasquale

The lead guitar guy in 38 Special has an Italian last name.. The guys that plays the LP Junior and sings a lot.... bob

Heh, I was gonna say Pass. I wasn't sure if he was actually itallian, but seriously:

joe-pass-daquisto.jpg

the mustache, the balding top of the head

being from a very italian family I can assure you it doesnt get much more italian than that.

• Members
Frank Zappa (perhaps
:confused:
)

I know wikipedia isn't exactly the kind of source I should count on but it has this to say about Zappa's ancestry:

"Frank Zappa was born in Baltimore, Maryland, on December 21, 1940 to Francis Vincent Zappa (born in Partinico, Sicily) who was of Greek and Arab descent, and Rose Marie Colimore who was Italian and French."

• Members

Blues Saraceno? (I skipped a couple pages so he might have already been mentioned)

I'm half Italian (Paradisi on my mother's side). And I half shred (otherwise blues, rock, jazz).

My friend Chris Orsatti is also Italian and a shredder.

Archived