Anybody else hate lying douchebags?

• Members

I sold a partscaster tele locally for 100 bucks and a boss tuner. It's a convincing looking tele with a cheapo neck and body with made in USA Fender logos under a poly finish and Fender bridge. Convincing enough most people would fall for it if they don't know much about guitars (yes there are a lot of those out there contrary to popular internet belief lots of people spend their time playing the guitars and not tone searching :thu: )

Now the douche is trying to sell it locally for 600 bucks claiming it's a USA made Fender tele and he's selling it half the price of new.

I don't mind people making profits but I {censored}ing despise lying cunts like this who lie about their gear. (Is profanity illegal? If so I shall edit it)

/rant

• Members

Is it on CL? You could post an anonymous post saying you KNOW the guy who put that guitar together, and you KNOW it's not what's advertised. That way if the guy knows where you live he can't (or shouldn't) come after you. Other than that, you may have to bite your tongue.

• Members

Is it on CL? You could post an anonymous post saying you KNOW the guy who put that guitar together, and you KNOW it's not what's advertised. That way if the guy knows where you live he can't (or shouldn't) come after you. Other than that, you may have to bite your tongue.

+1. If it's on Craigslist you can flag it.

• Members
so...let me get this straight...YOU have a FAKE Fender...sell it to someone...and are now griping because they are trying to pass off YOUR FAKE Fender as legit?

If anyone is to blame here, it's you. Seriously...
:facepalm:

I assume the way the story is told that the OP did NOT pass it off as a MIA Fender.

• Members

exactly! I either leave the headstock blank or put my own logo on it...
:o

One thing builders could do is make a logo that looks almost the same from a distance, but obviously different up close. That'll keep the headstock snobs happy, and cut down on shady fakes like this.

• Members

I assume the way the story is told that the OP did NOT pass it off as a MIA Fender.

Yeah I sold it to him for dirt cheap with him knowing exactly what it was. I didn't build the guitar so I never put the logo on there. I just hate assholes like that.

It's that kind of person who would take a vintage car bring it in for a Macco paint job and sell it the next day for twice what it's worth when it's still mint.

Archived