Give me some motivation to play

docjeffrey

• Members

Hmmm....since it is the neighborhood you want to play for.....

...get a wireless, drop trou, run out into the middle of the street and play your fastest licks over and over again until you draw a crowd.

Don't wait for it to happen, dude....in todays world you gotta MAKE it happen.

• Members

I've been in an uncreative funk for the last two weeks. I need someone to kick my ass and get me to pick up one of my guitars and blast the {censored} out of the neighborhood.

Gimme your best shot.

Doc - please post a video of you playing the CAGED scale method in G the D then A then F# back to G with a minor feel and then break down the dorian mode all over a chord progression that is agressive but with a dark feel.

Sink into that!!

• Members

I've been in an uncreative funk for the last two weeks. I need someone to kick my ass and get me to pick up one of my guitars and blast the {censored} out of the neighborhood.

Gimme your best shot.

Ok, come over here and I will kick your ass... but you need to sign a waiver first...

• Members

Gimme your best shot.

Doc,the best thing for motivation is this..Put on a local pop new music channel,then listen for approx 1 minute,then shut off radio in utter disgust then pick up your guitar and play real music to yourself and smile!Works for me when I get down!:)

• Members
Doc,the best thing for motivation is this..Put on a local pop new music channel,then listen for approx 1 minute,then shut off radio in utter disgust then pick up your guitar and play real music to yourself and smile!Works for me when I get down!
:)

Good idea. I've been listening to The Beatles remasters all day. I need to hear something bad.

• Members

Maybe its because you need an original 70s fender starcaster????

and will never be creative again until you have one????????

Okay it was worth a try..........

Check out my petition???

Are you the dude behind that Starcaster thing? I'm with you on that one, and by the way, I love Scotland. The people there are the best! Your weather leaves something to be desired, but damn, you folks are a friendly lot. When my wife and I were in Edinburgh, two of the local firemen got us drunk; we then proceeded to take one of those haunted tours. It was a night to remember.

Edit: I knew I had a pic. That's my wife on the right.

mb.jpg

• Members

Ha Ha! Thanks Doc, oh i remember you now, who could forget a face like that! Ive done the edinburgh ghost tour before too, its a good laugh! That was good of them firemen too. Howzabout you head along to my petition thread and post something nice, then we can call it quits? Its true were all nice in scotland! Note all like that sean connery dude!lol:D

• Members

Tell you what Doc since im here, ill give you a bit of advice from what i know........ you cant force it, you just cant. Ive always found that if you overthink it, youll get over critical, and then you cant do anything. Original is almost impossible. Creativity comes from fun, pick up a guitar you hardly ever play, it has a song in it waiting to be released! Or borrow a guitar from a friend or get an original 70s starcaster!!! ..... sorry i couldnt help that last bit!lol

• Members

Tell you what Doc since im here, ill give you a bit of advice from what i know........ you cant force it, you just cant. Ive always found that if you overthink it, youll get over critical, and then you cant do anything. Original is almost impossible. Creativity comes from fun, pick up a guitar you hardly ever play, it has a song in it waiting to be released! Or borrow a guitar from a friend or get an original 70s starcaster!!! ..... sorry i couldnt help that last bit!lol

I'm gonna go to Boulder and check into that medical marijuana thing. It worked for the Beatles.

• Members

Yeah, Try that! That sounds good, ive heard that eating like 26 bananas in a day can bring you to a higher level of creativity! Worth a shot! or try this; 280bpm C, G, C, G, C, G, C, G, C, G7, C, G, Fmin. in 7/8. Anything you play after that will sound awesome!!!

Archived