What 335 Style Guitars have Thin Necks?

mtnb1kr

• Members

Ibanez Artcore. Check out the AS103 Artcore Custom if you can find one near you. Wonderful Super 58 pickups that you won't need to upgrade, gorgeous fit and finish and a neck that is dreamy. Awesome fretwork. Great attention to detail.

Anyways, I recommend checking one out. The lower-priced Artcore semi's are very nice, too, but some people don't like the ACH pickups. I thought they were fine, just different than the Super 58's.

• Members

Good question. I'm thinking $500 or less, All my guitars are basically the same, 2 humbucker solid bodies, so I'm thinking of dumping the 2 Epi Les Pauls and getting the Semi Hollow to have something different tonewise. Don't suggest a Strat cause I've tried many times and can't seem to bond with them.

• Members

be happy with what you have and make the best of it, save up your money for a while, then get a real quality guitar that would be your dream guitar. :idea: Gibson has ES-335's with 60's neck.

Don't settle :thu:

If you don't really care enough about having your "dream guitar" then +1 for the Artcore.

• Members

I don't think they get much thinner than the Hagstrom Vikings. Great guitars!

I would go this route. The Hagstrom's seem to have consistently thin necks. I've played several of the others mentioned, and there is a bit of variance from guitar to guitar. I tried a Peavey and it was quite chunky (really loved it, these are great budget semis), and I've tried some Sheratons that were a little on the thick side.

But every Hagstom I've had in my hands had a very thin neck.

• Members

be happy with what you have and make the best of it, save up your money for a while, then get a real quality guitar that would be your dream guitar.
:idea:
Gibson has ES-335's with 60's neck.

Don't settle
:thu:

If you don't really care enough about having your "dream guitar" then +1 for the Artcore.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

I think the Sheraton II neck is on the thin side.

Some Sheraton's are pretty thin. The Unsung (U serial numbers) and the Peerless (R serial numbers) and the Samick (S serial numbers) made ones are. Mine's a U06 (Unsung 2006) and I'd call it thin.

• Members

Washburn HB35. Very nice thin neck with medium jumbo frets. Something like a wide D-Shape.

Get one of the older Japanese ones and you are almost in Gibson territory for a very small price.

Love mine
:love:

washi.jpg

Outstanding guitars. True giant killers.

OP, I shared your same experience with Strats. I wanted to like them but could never bond... until I found the right one. Go out and play a bunch of them, you may be in for a surprise.

Although I love semi hollows and have had many from most brands, you may find they are a bit too close to the LP sound when setup with humbuckers. P90 or HBs that split well are another story though.

After going through Gibsons, Hamers, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn and a bunch of no names, the best I ever played is the Yamaha SA2200 that I now own. Even though that particular model may not interest you, make sure you try out few other Yamaha models as well.

• Members
Outstanding guitars. True giant killers.

OP, I shared your same experience with Strats. I wanted to like them but could never bond... until I found the right one. Go out and play a bunch of them, you may be in for a surprise. QUOTE

Yes, I want to like them too. I love the guys who can make them sound good, Gilmour, Vaughn etc.. I just can't seem to get it.

Anyway I like the Hagstrom suggestion. I've always liked the way they look. Not sure If I have a dealer nearby but I'll check it out. Question then - What will the differece be between a stop tail piece and the longer style tail piece the hagstrom has?

• Members

I would go this route. The Hagstrom's seem to have consistently thin necks. I've played several of the others mentioned, and there is a bit of variance from guitar to guitar. I tried a Peavey and it was quite chunky (really loved it, these are great budget semis), and I've tried some Sheratons that were a little on the thick side.

But every Hagstom I've had in my hands had a very thin neck.

The two Vikings I played both had very thin necks.

• Members

Those look nice, not keen on the huge headstock but if I see one around I'll check them out.

What about the Xavier's from Guitarfetish? Always liked how they look too.

The neck on my Xaviere XV-900 is thicker than the Epi's, particularly higher up the neck. All the Artcore AS series I've tried are thinner.

Archived