Show me your... basses?

sxyryan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was going to turn my 7-string into a short scale bass with light gauge strings, more like an extended range basitar, but some guy offered me $400 for it up front, and I needed the money to help pay for my amp.

I still want to do it, though. Turn an RG-7321 into a basitar, probably using .036, .046, .056, and .066 as the strings.

• Members

Here, are mine. I like playing bass, but i am much better at guitar. Either way, as long as i can make sounds that don't sound like an 8 year old picking it up for the first time, its all good to me and more importantly, others.

Epi EB-3, from around 2008, all stock--and neck heavy.

myEpiEB330.jpg

Daneletro copperburst longhorn 90's reissue--all stock

myDanelectrolonghorn30.jpg

And lets not for get my latest project i am sure some of you have seen

2 Squier affinity bodies glued together and a p-bass neck fitted to the top one.

003.jpg

• Members

On the right, an old Rogue that I put a GFS 3-band eq into- it was too bright. Donated it to a forumite a few months ago after I got...

on the left, a Schecter Studio 4. Nice versatile bass.

P1000551.jpg

It was too bright before of after the mod?

I'm going to be tearing down my J Bass and starting fresh, so I'm looking for ideas on what to do with it electronically.

• Members

It was too bright before of after the mod?

I'm going to be tearing down my J Bass and starting fresh, so I'm looking for ideas on what to do with it electronically.

Too bright before the mod. I had to play it with the tone knob turned all the way down. The pre-amp helped a lot. I added a pickup selector switch, and used a push-pull knob (pre-amp/passive) for the master volume, in case of battery issues. It was a fun mod. I play a wide variety of stuff on bass, so tonal flexibility was important. The Schecter has a 3-band (and two pickups), so I'm happy with it.

• Members

Here, are mine. I like playing bass, but i am much better at guitar. Either way, as long as i can make sounds that don't sound like an 8 year old picking it up for the first time, its all good to me and more importantly, others.

Epi EB-3, from around 2008, all stock--and neck heavy.

myEpiEB330.jpg

I wish I could bond with the necks on those SG Basses. It's way too small and the scale is too short for me, being a Fender Bass player mostly.

I really wanted to get one, because SG's are my favorite guitars. Maybe I'll build one at some point... :idea:

• Members

I wish I could bond with the necks on those SG Basses. It's way too small and the scale is too short for me, being a Fender Bass player mostly.

I really wanted to get one, because SG's are my favorite guitars. Maybe I'll build one at some point...
:idea:

The Epi EB-3 are twp pickup, long scale and glued neck. Did you try one of those or an Epi EB-0 which is a one pickup, short scale and bolt on neck?

I had a '70 Gibson EB-0 short scale years ago, and wish i had kept it. I do tend to like the short scale stuff after playing guitar for so many years---but it really just depends on the bass too. Of course being it was older, it still had the good Gibson quality. Man i get pissed everytime i think that i taded it in for an EPI Jazz copy.:facepalm:

Archived