New song demo- feedback appreciated- a bit Metal! w/

metalheadUK

• Members

My Cousin and myself knocked this up (off whatever :D) as a demo for a band to learn the basics of the song, therefore drums are a drum machine and stupidly basic, and everything else is rough...it's a rough demo!

But I thought I'd post it for any of my HCEG buddies who might be interested.

Any feedback would be great!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8849934

Thanks guys!

:thu:

• Members

Thanks for the listens guys! :thu:

I have to point out that the vocals and lyrics are not mine....I struggle to sing without a Sarf London accent. I have said about how dark all his songs are, and he's one of the happiest blokes I know!

I've said to him about doing Metal with lyrics about sunshine, Bluebirds, and good times, but he doesn't think it will work.

Abd Charles, thanks for listening...I know it's not your cuppa at all, but no whammy on there, just strong fingers! :D

• Members

I likey. Those frickin disonant bends fit the lyrics perfectly. I like how it sounds heavy as hell, but it's not one of those muddy tones either.

I got a bit of a Tool vibe from it. If I was going to be critical I'd say that the vocals needed a bit more attitude to them, some more growl or over the top {censored}. Perhaps some backing vocals would do it; I'm no singer so I don't know what I am talking about.

But nice song, I wish that I was as creative as use. You seem to whip songs out non stop.

• Members

Spot on playing, nice job! The guitar was my favorite part of the song. I agree with ashasha that the vocals as missing more punch or something, I don't know. I don't critique stuff very well lol.

Do you plan to add any more guitar tracks to it?

• Members

Thanks so much everybody!

It is only a skeleton demo...these will at some point be done with a real drummer and bass player, and I will of course post 'em up!

Vox would normally be more "attitudey" but it's hard to do vocals at volume in my little cottage music room..my punk demos suffer from this as well..

Frightens the neighbours! :D

• Members

you're a little bitch

haha honestly. I understand the lyrics but I don't think the delivery was too good. Believe me, I have depression. I think they should be a little more subtle than starting off with "cutting my wrists...etc"

That's why I love bands like AIC and SG. They had that underlying theme but they never outright said it.

Oh and JJ, love ya too, bitch.

• Members

Needs cookie monster vocals.

Not my thing either but it sounds like the stuff those crazy kids nowadays like so much.

Nice guitar tone. I like that it has some mids to it and it's not the normal scooped, buzzy, metal tone.

• Members

Well, as stated earlier, lyrics and Vox are not me.

Vocally, I dont really want "trad" Metal or cookie monster vocals on this project, but I do understand that so much is subjective.

I will say in defense that the guy singing is a FANTASTIC live frontman, and ultimately this stuff is inteneded to be played live.

The stuff that I write/have written for this project is intended to be more Soulfly meets Slayer but as we're talking about including breakbeats and dance stuff further down the line, your guess is as good as mine as to how it will turn out! :D

Anyway, mucho thanks for the listens and comments...I guess you can't please all o' the people all o' the time....

Archived