what's your ugliest guitar?

geetarded

• Members

I will post it, probably going to either Dave Johnson or Tom Murphy for refin and aging.

So were you going for the SRV look?

I spend some time down on 6th street and nearly every bar has a Stevie wannabe trying to play little wing or pride and joy.

• Members

I built so many guitars over the years and always freaked about making them perfect. It was really intertaining to make something {censored}ed up for a change. No Stevie wannabe here ... I am Carvin true to the core. Just another guitar for my build collection.

• Members

That Strat is awesome, I love beat up Fender style guitars....... for some reason a dogged out Strat or Tele just looks right.

SRVstratsmall.gif

Even if it had nothing to do with Stevie, you'd still know it was a true player just by looking at the thing :rawk:

• Members

nothing like the real thing though....my guitar only has a few hours of play on it though. It's amazing what a little amber nitro, ciggertte burns and ashes, sandpaper and a set of concrete stairs can do for a pristine neck and body. freezing the body and shooting it with a blow dryer will check nitro in a heart beat.

• Members

mine is a piece {censored} parts crapster that I built. Got a cheap ass body and MIM neck off Craigs..... tried to relic but found out the body was laminated and made the project go South. Plays great though.

I think your partscaster looks awesome, would look even better with an aged or cream pickguard though:thu:

• Members

Probably my Epi Les Paul, gonig by my own tastes. For LP fans, it seems to be a gorgeous guitar. Me, thohugh, well... I'm soooo over Les Pauls in general, and figured maple (laminate or real, all the same to me) in particular. I'll probably sell it this year...... the only Les Pauls I have any remaining interest in are the Juniors.

Archived