Three guitar bands.

Bubbluz

• Members

I get that,I guess it really doesn't reach me is all.

:idk:

Maiden didn't get better with another guitar player.

The Outlaws and Skynyrd could have been pretty much the same bands with two guitars IMO

probably just me.

• Members

I saw Ginger Baker play with 2 bass players and no guitarist. Didn't miss a thing. That being said, whats wrong with 3 guitars? Maiden really doesn't need Janick but from what I read hes good freinds with Bruce and they all like him so why kick him out?

• Members

I saw Ginger Baker play with 2 bass players and no guitarist. Didn't miss a thing. That being said, whats wrong with 3 guitars? Maiden really doesn't
need
Janick but from what I read hes good freinds with Bruce and they all like him so why kick him out?

See,I could see Ginger playing with two bassists,that's not the same thing at all,I'm sure that would work.Ginger can sound like like 2 or three drummers at once so...there ya go.

I don't know the story behind the 3rd guitar for Maiden(it was just an example),I just don't think he added a whole lot to the band.,from what I've seen.

Of course I'm of the opinion they didn't get a whole lot better after the first two albums ,so there ya go

• Members
I get that,I guess it really doesn't reach me is all.

:idk:

Maiden didn't get better with another guitar player.

The Outlaws and Skynyrd could have been pretty much the same bands with two guitars IMO

probably just me.

There's also the Funk Brothers and the Eagles, plus any band that records multiple guitar tracks in the studio, often more than 3.

The songs can often be played with just one guitar, but it's definitely not the same.

• Members

It only works if the guys are good at staying out of each others' way. There is only so much sonic space to fill. On the other hand, I've seen orchestras with twelve violinists, so it all depends on context. I saw skynyrd, molly hatchet and the outlaws in high school and it all seemed good at the time.

Archived