Would You Do This?

The Bear

• Members

Honestly....no. You can get the equivalent of a hand built Tweed 57 Twin from so many different boutique builders (or build one yourself from a kit) for a hell of a lot less than Fender charges for theirs....and less than your LP Classic cost.

• Members

Honestly....no. You can get the equivalent of a hand built Tweed 57 Twin from so many different boutique builders (or build one yourself from a kit) for a hell of a lot less than Fender charges for theirs....and less than your LP Classic cost.

+1 on this.. besides I can't think of single guitar I've traded that I didnt want back at some point..

• Members

same advice I gave you on the JCM800 trade...

if you think you'll be able to use the twin to full advantage then go for it...but there are better options for a home player...you may be better served to hold the LP and wait for a trade on a smaller fender type amp that you'll be able to use more to your advantage...

• Members

Well, no way can I build an amp.

Not without electrocuting myself.

Also getting a Ceiritone,(speling), or another copy would be a cash deal, and trading would be the only way I could get this amp.

Yeah, money is an issue.

The Classic I got for $700.00 plus a trade in.

Never really got used to the 60s' neck.

It makes my hand cramp up.

Now I love the fat neck of my Traditional.

That's my keeper.

Besides, my next LP is going to be an R7 VOS.

If I even get one.

So far mt Traditional is doing fine and has the build quality of an R8-R9.

That's what they say on the LP Forum anyway.

Thanks for the input.

• Members

if you think that you will enjoy the new amp more, then yes...... however you can buy cheaper boutique amps that sound as good or better for less money.... so it will be cheaper to just get one of those amps than to replace the les paul

Money is an issue here.

Trading would be the only way I could get this amp.

At least for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the advice my friend.

• Members

+1 on this.. besides I can't think of single guitar I've traded that I didnt want back at some point..

Not me.

Every guitar I've traded or sold has never been missed.

I won't do it unless I'm sure I won't regret it.

Thanks

• Members

same advice I gave you on the JCM800 trade...

if you think you'll be able to use the twin to full advantage then go for it...but there are better options for a home player...you may be better served to hold the LP and wait for a trade on a smaller fender type amp that you'll be able to use more to your advantage...

Thanks my friend.

I do have a DRRI, 1965 PR, not a reissue, my 59 Bassman Ltd. reissue, 1974 Vibro Champ.

Now, the trade for the JCM800 worked out great.

I got a great Strat I've wanted that I'll use, and as mentioned above, I've always had a problem with the 60s neck on the GT.

Makes my hand cramp and the tone is nowhere as good as my Traditional.

Which is a solid LP vs. the chambered.

To the naysayers, I can tell the difference in tone.

Besides, if I don't like the Twin I could always use it as bait for a 57 GT.

No?

• Members

Also getting a Ceiritone,(speling), or another copy would be a cash deal, and trading would be the only way I could get this amp.

Yeah, money is an issue.

That's my keeper.

If I even get one.

Thanks for the input.

Given all of this, a trade sounds like a pretty good idea. I would check and see how much they go for in case you don't like it and compare the results to the trade value of the Classic. Base your decision on that...

• Members

Thanks my friend.

I do have a DRRI, 1965 PR, not a reissue, my 59 Bassman Ltd. reissue, 1974 Vibro Champ.

Now, the trade for the JCM800 worked out great.

I got a great Strat I've wanted that I'll use, and as mentioned above, I've always had a problem with the 60s neck on the GT.

Makes my hand cramp and the tone is nowhere as good as my Traditional.

Which is a solid LP vs. the chambered.

To the naysayers, I can tell the difference in tone.

Besides, if I don't like the Twin I could always use it as bait for a 57 GT.

No
?

YES!:thu:...

this trade now holds the jelloman seal of approval...

• Members

Money is an issue here.

Trading would be the only way I could get this amp.

At least for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the advice my friend.

then go ahead with the trade

I trade a lot too.... it lets me try new things without having to pay or keep an unreasonable amount of gear at my house

• Members

I'd tend to think it's not a good value trade on your end, but if you can't possibly sell the guitar to buy another amp, then sure... Why not?

:idk:

Those limited edition Fenders aren't a great value. Of course, they DO say Fender on them, but yeah. I don't know much about the boutique Tweed Twin prices, but the 57 Tweed Deluxe is $2,000 and the asking price on my Deluxe clone was $600 and I got it in partial trade for the equivalent of about $475 so one quarter the cost of the Fender-branded amp.

Just throwing it out there.

• Members

Honestly - it sounds like you've got your mind made up and you're looking for justification on that decision.. if that's the case then your heart wants what it wants. You cannot really argue with that!

Incidentally - I'd also bet the farm that amp kicks ass... but I'd invest in a power-soak in the near future... those suckers are LOUD.

• Members

YES!
:thu:

this trade now holds the jelloman seal of approval...

That's it.

Done deal.

I'm meeting the guy in the morning.

Now with your approval I can go without any doubt.

Thanks

I ust played the LP and it just don't feel right.

• Members

then go ahead with the trade

I trade a lot too.... it lets me try new things without having to pay or keep an unreasonable amount of gear at my house

Ditto that.

It's great to get new stuff that you wouldn't normally spend the money on.

• Members

Yeah, money is an issue.

That's my keeper.

If I even get one.

Thanks for the input.

What the hell are you waiting for good buddy??? A guitar you don't play for one of the greatest amps ever built? And Custom Shop to boot? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

PS Just traded an Artstar AF-120 in exc. cond. on CL for an old PA with some Crate three ways and an old Sunn head. Would've been better off in the finance dept just to give him his asking price - very low, but the wife wouldn't have it. True value is utility I believe and I'm happy.

Archived