Would You Do This?

The Bear

• Members

What the hell are you waiting for good buddy??? A guitar you don't play for one of the greatest amps ever built? And Custom Shop to boot? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

PS Just traded an Artstar AF-120 in exc. cond. on CL for an old PA with some Crate three ways and an old Sunn head. Would've been better off in the finance dept just to give him his asking price - very low, but the wife wouldn't have it. True value is utility I believe and I'm happy.

Thia sucks.

Gut just called me ands said the deal is off.

He was going to talke my LP and trade with a riend for his guitar.

His friend changed his mind.

Bummer.

Oh well, I still giots' the GT.

Thanks for all the advice

• Members

It's a very nice amp and since you just couldn't bond with that neck there's no point to YOU having that guitar. Something you will use for some something you won't is almost always a good deal. :thu:

Oops, just saw the deal is off, but the advice still holds ... :)

• Members

well thats a shame, but I say put it out there and see what trades you can get

also dont limit yourself to the big names (marshall, fender, etc).... try to see if you could get a nice Dr Z, Victoria, Bad Cat amp etc.....

We talked a while ago and he said he would take the LP plus $400.00.

Not so sure about that.

I love the amp, but..........

• Members

We talked a while ago and he said he would take the LP plus $400.00.

Not so sure about that.

I love the amp, but..........

nah.... you can make better deals, especially in this economy

not long ago I was going to do a trade with a guy for an acoustic.... he was way OVERPRICING it, and he wanted me to add a bunch of cash to my electric.... I backed out, a month later he is now desperately trying to sell the acoustic for the same price that my electric would go for in a heartbeat.... I wont give details because who knows, the guy probably posts or lurks this forum

point is, everyone think their stuff is worth a tonne of money, but the way the economy is, thats just wishful thinking, so dont throw your money away....

• Members

nah.... you can make better deals, especially in this economy

not long ago I was going to do a trade with a guy for an acoustic.... he was way OVERPRICING it, and he wanted me to add a bunch of cash to my electric.... I backed out, a month later he is now desperately trying to sell the acoustic for the same price that my electric would go for in a heartbeat.... I wont give details because who knows, the guy probably posts or lurks this forum

point is, everyone think their stuff is worth a tonne of money, but the way the economy is, thats just wishful thinking, so dont throw your money away....

I know what you're sayin'

I also understand where he's comming from.

His amp is $3000.00 new and the GT is now around $2200.00 new.

Both are in excellent condition.

I really don't want to give the cash, because I have another "thing" working with a friend.

He has a M1A/M14 w/ Springfield Illuminated, Caliber specific, hunting scope.

I pretty much commited, 50/50, to buy his rifle for a grand.

Which is a fantastic price considering a new M1 is around $1500.00-$2000.00, and the scope costs around $800.00.

As an investment, this deal is much beter than the Twin.

I'm also selling an AR15 Bushmaster V Match, Match grade AR, for $1100.00, but I'd take $1000.00.

It has a fully fluted, free floating barrel and custom A2 sights w/carry handle.

It is extremely accurate.

I PM'd you a pic.

The M1 holds a place in my heart though, and I have an M4 that is my main #1 rifle that I'll never sell.

So, I'm now totally confused on what to do.

• Members

I know what you're sayin'

I also understand where he's comming from.

His amp is $3000.00 new and the GT is now around $2200.00 new.

Both are in excellent condition.

I really don't want to give the cash, because I have another "thing" working with a friend.

He has a M1A/M14 w/ Springfield Illuminated, Caliber specific, Sniper scope

I pretty much commited, 50/50, to buy his rifle for a grand.

Which is a fantastic price considering a new M1 is around $1500.00-$2000.00, and the scope costs around $800.00.

As an investment, this deal is much beter than the Twin.

I'm also selling an AR15 Bushmaster V Match, Match grade AR, for $1100.00, but I'd take $1000.00.

It has a fully fluted, free floating barrel and custom A2 sights w/carry handle.

It is extremely accurate.

I PM'd you a pic.

The M1 holds a place in my heart though, and I have an M4 that is my main #1 rifle that I'll never sell.

So, I'm now totally confused on what to do.

I just got a chubby...:cool:

• Members

I have been skimming and I am sorry if I missed this already discussed (real sorry, don't shoot!).

Now that you are on a mission, have you posted threads in the amp, electric guitar for sale areas as well as our smap thread for a new trade? Wish I had the amp you want, I dig 60s profile.

Archived