Jesus Christ

Ralph onion

• Members

I just hooked my new LP JR up to my new Pignose Limited Ed amp and goddamned! It was "Wild Weekend", "Ive Had It," and all the Buck Cherry riffs. I love it! Dirty Boogie sound all the way. Just like my ears and brain first heard live rock and roll back in the 50's. No pedals, no fancy {censored} on the amp, just volume and treble controls. And as I search this web site there is so much bickering about effects and neck widths, and wood bodies, and what the pu's put out I am thinking, Hey dudes, try the best of simple. The way it all started out! And one thing that really turns me off is the compression in most of the new recordings, it hurts my ears! The songs I edit in here are so full of effects it ruins it for me. Keep it simple. Like Jack White. Lets hear each instrument as it is , and what it was made to do and sound like. Why {censored} with a good thing?

• Members

Congratulations on finding a guitar tone that you love, but believe it or not some people aren't chasing the same tone as you. Some people might hear your LP Jr into the Pignose limited edition amp and be completely unimpressed and underwhelmed, or they might think it's just the same boring old guitar tone they've heard for 60 years.

I happen to be a big fan of a simple guitar directly into a good tube amp, but I don't feel any need to get on the case of anyone who is looking for something different and uses crazy guitar setups with multiple pedals, specific pickups, and particular amps that might sound compressed to me.

:idk:

• Members

Since you started off the thread with a religious name, I'll just say (but maybe a little respect to others here is in order - lots of faith based band players on the forum, especially the title then throwing godamn right after that):

If somebody is going to raise religious objections to potentially offensive content, I'd like to request that the OP remove any and all Buck Cherry references as well. Religious offenses are serious, but that garbage is worse than anything I could say about Jesus.

• Members

Yes, it is always good to watch what you say, because there are always people who are full of all the {censored} they are full of, and are easily offended...

Glad you found the bichin got-damn tone you were looking for, and if JC is more than a bunch of lies and mythology designed to control masses of people, I be he would be stoked for you, too!

• Members

May be your lord and savior, but to me he's just another Jewish kid... :poke:

I was joking, I don't give a {censored}, and if jesus is real, and he cares, then he should probably be spending his time on other things. You know like, ending wars, and getting food to the people of the congo or something.

• Members

Why don't
we
keep
our
lord and savior out this buddy.

I agree that it is pretty ballsy to make a thread title like he did, but only because I know there are lots of people who believe that stuff, and there is no point in setting people off if that is not your intent...

That said, there is no we or our in this case, as there are a lot of people on this planet that don't worship christianity or even believe in it...

You believe in it. You believe it is wrong to use the "LORD'S" name in vain... You believe you know what is right for others, as do many religious folks... Your beliefs end where mine begin... This horse has long since been dead...

Or, so I believe...

To the OP, do you know that there are lots of people who choose to be offended by your thread title? Did you know this when you posted it? Did you do it on purpose to piss the bible thumpers off?? Are you easily offended by them? Just curious...

PS:

• Members

I agree that it is pretty ballsy to make a thread title like he did, but only because I know there are lots of people who believe that stuff, and there is no point in setting people off if that is not your intent...

That said, there is no
we
or
our
in this case, as there are a lot of people on this planet that don't worship christianity or even believe in it...

You believe in it. You believe it is wrong to use the "LORD'S" name in vain... You believe you know what is right for others, as do many religious folks... Your beliefs end where mine begin... This horse has long since been dead...

Or, so I believe...

To the OP, do you know that there are lots of people who
choose
to be offended by your thread title? Did you know this when you posted it? Did you do it on purpose to piss the bible thumpers off?? Are you easily offended by them? Just curious...

PS:

OMFG I was joking pal

• Members

Then again I don't I am not a religious scholar, anywhoo isnt there some clause about talking about religion in here?

It was more of a figurative 'you' that I was referring to... There probably is a clause about talking religion, so I am going to stop this at once!

I would like to take this opportunity to formally apologize for my sins...

• Members

This is getting out of hand...

It is ok if you (in general) are not religious, but it is getting borderline offensive...

I am Catholic and I practice my faith... and for me, that graphic, although creative, it is VERY offensive!

Would you please remove it?... Thanks!

Omar

• Members

This is getting out of hand...

It is ok if you (in general) are not religious, but it is getting borderline offensive...

I am Catholic and I practice my faith... and for me, that graphic, although creative, it is VERY offensive!

Would you please remove it?... Thanks!

Omar

Ha sorry Omar, its gone. THanks for asking kindly, and not just telling the mods to ban me or something.

Archived