Jesus Christ

Ralph onion

• Members
Ha sorry Omar, its gone. THanks for asking kindly, and not just telling the mods to ban me or something.

Who say I am not going to report you :cop:

Just kidding... :thu:

Thanks for comply... was very kind...

and now... let's go on with the tone the OP has found...

:wave:

Omar :thu:

• Members

But don't forget about the content of the OP, in which Jack White is praised and all effects pedals are shunned (although, keep in mind that a good deal of Jack White's "guitar" tones are actually synthesizers and keyboards, on stage anyway). Is no one offended by those remarks? only the religious aspect?
Anyway, there is indeed something to be said for the simplicity of just a guitar and just an amp. But that certainly doesn't permit ruling out any and all effects. "Tone" can and often should be a bit more complex than a straight guitar signal into an amp.

• Members

But don't forget about the content of the OP, in which Jack White is praised and all effects pedals are shunned (although, keep in mind that a good deal of Jack White's "guitar" tones are actually synthesizers and keyboards, on stage anyway). Is no one offended by those remarks? only the religious aspect?

Anyway, there is indeed something to be said for the simplicity of just a guitar and just an amp. But that certainly doesn't permit ruling out any and all effects. "Tone" can and often should be a bit more complex than a straight guitar signal into an amp.

maybe in the recent albums, the old stuff was. a big muff and a whammy pedal.

• Members

This thread is a perfect example of why I have been visiting this forum less and less lately. Some jackass posts a worthless and misleading title, and three pages later, I haven't learned anything new.

I use forums to find information and learn things. A good title makes a thread searchable in the future, benefitting present and future readers. A good title is something like "What size allen wrench for a Fender American Standard?" or "How Do I Crown Frets?" Someone can Google these terms in the future and learn something.

A bad thread title is "Please Help!" or "Is this Real?" or "Jesus Christ." Worthless.

There are some really intelligent, knowledgable and helpful people on this site (BoneNut, mrbrown49, Mazi Bee, Vintage55, ExiledCrow, ashasha, jjpistols and others come to mind), but damn, they are becoming more and more rare. I've grown tired of sifting through the bull{censored} just to find the good information or interesting conversation. It's just not worth the time.

Life beckons. Ciao.

/Loconzly

So, when you saw the title, you still felt compelled to read all three pages, and to even post? :poke: I think the thread title was very appropriate, and was the very essence of this thread... Did you expect to get your soul saved by this thread because of the title? I knew the minute I saw it what it would become, and if I didn't like meaningless foolishness, I certainly would have never even read it...

• Members

I hate digital, and modeling amps.

Now stuff like stealing and cheating certainly sucks but I don't know that I hate anything associated with guitars.

My preferences run towards the raw, however, not everyone shares that and that's what makes it cool. There's something for everyone.

EG

Archived