I have sharp guitars!

littlemilo

• Members

Not that they are really pointy eighties type stuff, or that are better looking than any of your guitars, it's just that Spring is coming to the frozen north and all my guitars are going sharp.

Increased humidity due to snowmelt, ground thaw, rain, and less forced-air heat make my guitars go sharp, especially the hollow body. Will probably need to do a truss rod adjustment on my cheapo Charvette bass.

So if your part of the world is finally warming up like it is here, check your tuning. This has been a public service announcement from Minnesnowta.

And here are my not-so-sharp sharp guitars.

DSCN0352.jpg

• Members

I almost started a thread about this today.

All my guitars except one needed a slight truss tweak.

I noticed it about two days ago. They were fretting out very slightly either on the open high E string or the first fret on the high E. It's very normal when the seasons change and it's a good sign that winter is over.

They just needed the truss loosened by 1/8th of a turn or less.

The only one that did not need any adjustment was the PRS.

• Members

The only guitar I have that sprouts fangs in the winter is my Squier Strat wannabe.This makes year 3 it gets cold, the heat goes on and the guitar tries its best to cut my fingers off. This is also the 3rd year I have filed the fret ends. How much more can this god damm fretboard shrink? Or is this guitar the re-incarnation of Freddy Kruger in the winter? Then there are my other guitars. The Electra it is at least 30 and Heritage that is 24 years old and are stable as they come. Even the 51 does not turn into a Sawfish in winter. So I have concluded after this year that Strats are summer guitars only. Damm snowbird guitars!!

Archived