The Pixies do not get enough love around here.

evh1984

• Members

I went to Janes Addictions Ritual de lo Habitual concert in like 90. The pixies were the opener. never seen them before. So this trio comes out on stage and just rocks the {censored}in house. Crazy music. Just amazing stuff. The bassist especially.....So about 3/4's of the way through I turn to my bud and say these pixies {censored}ing ROCK!.....And some stranger turns to me and says....that's not the pixies...its Primus. Then the pixies came out and we went for a drink after the second song.

Never could get into their non melodic, eighth note plodding and out of key vocals. Sorry.

Funny though I did really like the breeders.

• Members

Ah, ah!!!!!

I just started a thread praising the pixies as still modern despite being over 20yo music, and hadn't seen this thread!!!!!!!

Snap!!! :lol:

Absolutely love the pixies myself. One of the great rock bands, and totally underrated IMO. Franck Black on his own also has some interesing stuff, annd so were the breeders - great vibes all round in that band. :thu:

• Members

Jumped on this band when Come On Pilgrim first came out. I like this one best. Being a Chicago guy, the Albini engineered Surfer Rosa was great. Very happy they got the attention deserved.
First Breeders album's great too; (Albini recorded) with Tanya Donnelly.
Safari off an EP and most of the second album's pretty good.

• Members

I saw the Pixies in my home town llast Thursday ..Brisbane, Queensland Australia - that is. the Doolittle anniversary tour

I did not hear of them till about 6 years ago .

Frank's voice is a force of nature...absolutely awesome. The show had B sides I had never heard - I liked them all. Frank played a yellow Telecaster

Joey plays original sounds/riffs - how refreshing! 4 Marshall half stacks Les Paul Gold Top, Gibson 335 and I think a PRS Mira...but not sure as was a long ways back...cannot comment on the pedal board - I really want to know what is happening there....

Kim is cool and maintains a solid back. A bright orange Fender bass and Ampeg FRidge...

I thought they were fantastic - in fact I recommended to some friends that they should get to the 2nd show next week. I have never recommended a concert to anyone before...

Archived