CD Label Software

• Members

I have a lightscribe CD burner so I just burn a lable directly onto the disk. Its only black and white so image options are limited, but you dont have the problem with paper labels creating extra inertia and slowing the disk down.

For designs I use a number of programs including MS publisher, Paint shop, Photo Shop and others. For graphical designs I use Bryce which is a pretty cool CAD program to create 3D images from scratch. I used to make up really cool covers and all, but it gets to be a chore after awhile. Now people are luckey to get more than a paper envelope cover without paying for something better.

• Members

I use Sure Thing software, it's great, easy to learn, thousands of artwork designs to choose from, and not that expensive, highly recommended....you can find out more about Sure Thing at their website here......

http://www.surething.com/ST/Category.asp?CatCode=ST5_HOME

You can download it and try it out for 15 days free.....

Sorry, not for MAC.....

• Members

Looking for software to make CD labels for Mac.

Any suggestions?

I prefer to use a printer to print directly onto a cd instead a piece of paper stuck onto a cd which can loosen and gum up the works. YMMV..I paid $100 for a printer almost 4 years ago that prints beautifully onto cds, but yes the printable media costs more...

• Members

lightscribe is definately cool unless you mind the 31 minute wait for a complex label. i charge a minimum of $5 a disc for already subsidized jobs, meaning i already was paid to do the work and the discs are now $5 each plus that.

even at that the discs are about $1 each so i make $8 an hour with one burner. and it took twelve discs to pay for the burner (not paying myself)

if the work is not subsidized the price skyrockets to $15 a disc.

its a nice labeler, but not the most economical choice.

• Members

I prefer to use a printer to print directly onto a cd instead a piece of paper stuck onto a cd which can loosen and gum up the works. YMMV..I paid $100 for a printer almost 4 years ago that prints beautifully onto cds, but yes the printable media costs more...

A good number of automotive manufacturers state, in their owners manual, use of CDs with paper labels will void the warranty on the CD players and recommend that you don't use them.

• Members

Can you please tell me the make and model of this $100 printer ??

• Members

Can you please tell me the make and model of this $100 printer ??

Epson Stylus Photo R320. Came with a printable cd, bought some printable dvds for business, came with software print cd to design and print. Look good. Printer cost $150 had a $50 rebate, you hopefully can still find printers that can do this?

• Members

They do make some Clear inkjet labels that work pretty good. Alot less weight than the paper labels. The color of the CD will be the beckground though and since the colors of the ink are transparent it will be affected by the CD color. If you use anything but white CDs it may look funkey seeing maxel, or Sony in your label because of the transparency.

• Members

I suppose that Epson Stylus Photo R320. Came with a printable cd, bought some printable dvds for business, came with software print cd to design and print. Look good. Printer cost $150 had a $50 rebate, you hopefully can still find printers that can do this?

OOOOO thats a different spam

• Moderators

They do make some Clear inkjet labels that work pretty good. Alot less weight than the paper labels. The color of the CD will be the beckground though and since the colors of the ink are transparent it will be affected by the CD color. If you use anything but white CDs it may look funkey seeing maxel, or Sony in your label because of the transparency.

I use clear laser labels with good result. Lightweight, never come off if you put them on properly, look far better than paper labels BECAUSE you can see the silver or gold metallic disc below. Of the thousands of CDs I've made using clear labels, I've only had one returned. A soldier back from Iraq showed me hers and I gladly replaced it with a new one. Wasn't really a label issue as the entire CD was really beat up. Terry D.

• Members

Thanks for all the replies... I don`t need anything fancy. I just need a simple CD label program because one of my clients requires me to record multiple songs with different parts of each song and put it on CD. For example, my last project required me to record piano and the soprano, alto and bass parts for about 19 songs. The sopranos got a CD with 19 songs, all their parts were louder than the altos and basses. These are practice CDs for the choir members. The last time, they resorted to writing all 19 songs in Word and printing it out. Yeah, it works but it could be done better.

• Moderators

Thanks for all the replies... I don`t need anything fancy. I just need a simple CD label program because one of my clients requires me to record multiple songs with different parts of each song and put it on CD. For example, my last project required me to record piano and the soprano, alto and bass parts for about 19 songs. The sopranos got a CD with 19 songs, all their parts were louder than the altos and basses. These are practice CDs for the choir members. The last time, they resorted to writing all 19 songs in Word and printing it out. Yeah, it works but it could be done better.

If you end up using a label, Avery Labels come with a CD inside containing a label making program.Terry D.

Archived