Carvin NGAD........

jjblacksheep

• Members

used but new to me Carvin SC90. NOW I see what the "playability" hype is. I never thought I'd find something I like better than Ibanez necks. This might be it. Came with a Gibson 490 in the neck (don't really like so far) and an Evolution in the bridge. Didn't come out with phone camera but the back of the neck and body go from emerald green to deep purple depending on the angle of the light.

Git1.jpg' alt='>'>

git2.jpg' alt='>'>

git3.jpg' alt='>'>

git4.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

I've put off Carvin for 10 years. I'm an idiot. Granted I've only got like an hour on this thing but just going over it well top to bottom and especially sitting down with that neck in your hand............extremely nice. Fretboard is slick as glass. Initial thoughts are best playing guitar I've felt since my buddies Anderson.

• Members

Nice. I've been looking at them for years as well and I just never seem to be looking for one when I have the cash.

I'm actually gassing for some kind of a shredder with a fully floating FR on it and I am thinking about going Carvin, but I am leaning towards a Jackson Soloist or an old Charvel and perhaps a Nuno N4.

But these kind of threads always remind me that Carvin's a good option.

• Members

Damn Peavey, if I could ever break away from the kids/wife/work I'd sure love to run up there and throw down. One day......... Still loving the {censored} out of that VHT.

Thanks everybody, honeymoon and all that but I've held enough guitars. It's a keeper.

• Members

Nice. I've been looking at them for years as well and I just never seem to be looking for one when I have the cash.

I'm actually gassing for some kind of a shredder with a fully floating FR on it and I am thinking about going Carvin, but I am leaning towards a Jackson Soloist or an old Charvel and perhaps a Nuno N4.

But these kind of threads always remind me that Carvin's a good option.

My Soloist Killers.:thu:

hpim13991.jpg front x3

hpim13981.jpg back x3

:cop: Truthfully though, whether you go Carvin ST300, Jackson Soloist USA, ESP MII Custom, or Ibanez RGT320

you're going to get a well crafted top notch instrument.

The quality is going to be there.

It's the personal preferences that will make a difference for you on which to get.

Do you prefer a shorter scale, 25" Carvin.

Or longer 25.5" Jackson.

Neck binding, Jackson.

Non-bound, Carvin.

Straight fretboard radius, Carvin = 10, 12, 14, or 20.

Compound, Jackson, 12-16(?) 1st to 24th fret.

And so on.

Carvin has the advantage over Jackson USA Select in that you have many options to choose from to personalize the guitar.

Where as the Select is a production model and you get what's there.

Jackson Customshop has the advantage over Carvin in that only your imagination and pocket book are your only hindrance. Down fall, the 1 year wait and cost.

Again, either way you end up with an awesome guitar.

Archived