NGD: The eagle has landed

DonK

• Members

Actually, the Hollywood has landed. I confess I ordered this guitar mostly because I was drawn to the aesthetics and blowout price ($599) - I'm really a diehard Fender single-coil guy for the most part - but I'm highly and pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. I have a C-1EA, so I expected the construction quality to be good; in fact, it's flawless. It plays like butter with the stock D'Addario .010's - low action, no buzzing. The ebony board is awesome. I forgot it came with locking tuners, another nice touch. And the sound is way more than I expected - it sounds a lot like the PRS Swamp Ash Special I once had (though its decidedly lighter in weight than that guitar). The Duncan 'buckers are very articulate, yet thick, and the coil splitter yields a decent single-coil sound (though it's certainly not a Strat tone). One of the best music bargains I've ever gotten. I went a little overboard on the pics:

Edit: Haha...I just realized I didn't pull off all of the little paper tab that identified the push-pull splitter feature on the tone knob - you can see it in the pic as a white ring. Gotta go yank it off.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Glad you bumped her, Don! She's gorgeous. Schecter has been making some of the most useful guitars. Having the coil split gives you access to such a variety of tones. I'm not sure you can get a better guitar for that price!! Excellent deal!!!

Been playing this one 41OnCmRWiGL._SL500_AA280_.jpgat my local M&P. Just a great playing guitar with great tones!!

Congratulations!

• Members

Very nice! Reminds me of my Yamaha RGX520:

SANY0533.jpg

SANY0538.jpg

I'm still not used to not having regular position markers inlaid into the fretboard!

Mine has stock Yamaha pickups, which I'd like to upgrade with something special... any suggestions, please?

Archived