Any idea what kinda guitar this is?

jcoulter

• Members

My friend's uncle found this in his grandfather's attic or something, but he gave it to my friend to give to me because he knew I played guitar and all that jazz. It kinda feels cheap, and could definitely use some set-up work, but I can't complain considering the situation. I've searched Google over and over trying to find out any info on this guitar, and I am at a loss, so I'm turning it over to you fellas. I looked all over the guitar for a serial or model number, or perhaps a manufacturer name, but that proved fruitless. Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

• Members

Looks to be some sort of Japanese import model.

Have to wonder how those pickups sound on a hollowbody, not too many semi-hollows have that sort of single-coil.....probably gives you a lot of jangle...

I wouldn't know. :idk: I tried plugging it up but all I got is feedback. Probably needs an electronic overhaul.

• Members

Looks like a generic Japansese import, late 60s-early 70s, likely Matsumoku-made (same company that made Univox, Aria, Kent, etc.).

Does the neck plate says "Steel Adustable Neck- Made in Japan"? That is not necesary for the above to be true, but if it is, that is a dead giveaway.

Look up Univox Coily or Aria Diamond to see similar guitars of the time.

Archived