rakester

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yea, just a reminder rakester....

all posts after 12/20/09 will not be forwarded to the new site. if you want to continue this thread and/or you are not finished before the 8th, you might want to save these pages and try to recover them on the new site.

you can use File-> Save to save to your harddrive and then some how re-post them later...

• Members

i'd say drill in through the end of the neck pocket, if that makes sense. its a bitch drilling the connecting holes for the wires. don't forget you'll need one to go from pickup to cavity so bear that in mind when doing the control cavity. positioning it closer to the pickup routs could save you from a right mare.

• Members
That's the thing, not sure on how to go about it
:confused:

I don't really want to drill through where the neck pocket area is, hmm this is a tough one
:(

I drill though the neck pocket. I have a super long bit. You need to make sure that you don't aim the bit towards the top of the guitar. That was one of my mistakes when I started.

Wiringhole.jpg

You could angle through the pickup route towards the control cavity. It would depend on the size and location of the cavity to be able to get the proper angle on the drill bit. There isn't much room in the pickup cavity to maneuver.

• Members
I still think you're going to have to make those pickup routes bigger. What are you going to do when it's finished and you can't put the pickups in?

What about space for shielding?

If you look back, he trial fitted them already, and sheilding shouldn't be an issue- Humbuckers. :thu:

Looking Awesome Man!! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next update. :thu:

• Members
If you look back, he trial fitted them already, and sheilding shouldn't be an issue- Humbuckers.
:thu:

i think Super Bass is concerned about the finish (paint, lacquer, etc...) decreasing the overall space that's been routed. i have experienced this before when trying to put plastic cavity covers on that no long fit, because of the extra finishing...

• Members
An idea I was give since I want a trans black finish was to use some Ebony Minwax stain and then tung oil over that or hit it with a light satin lacquer
:)

That will give you this look depending on what your last sanding grit is. both of these were sanded to 220 using ebony minwax and tru-oil. I suppose if you go with a heavier grit, you can get darker.

looking great so far BTW
DCP_0040.jpg
june09.jpg

Archived