E bow

Baddass

• Members

So last night the band was having a practice and we were playing originals .I was playing a honeyburst Lesa Paul thru a Marshall class 5 . My drummer say's to me just kidding around to whip out my violin bow. I said hey check this out and pulled out an old E bow that I have'nt played in 3 years or more. The battery was still good surprisingly and I did my lead on it for that song and everyone stood there with their mouths dropped to the floor:eek::eek:. I forgot how cool an E bow is.Just amazing. Anyone else here use one? Thoughts?:idea:

• Members

They are cool. I always put mine away for years and then remember it and try it again....and love it for a short while. Then the cycle begins again. I recently used it as a background thing on the first song on my soundclick page. I was going to use keyboard strings, but tried the ebow instead. Song is still a work in progress.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610

• Members

One of those things that I've often thought about buying but know that it'd end up right next to my slide sitting for a few years until I get the itch to mess with it. Then I'll mess with it for a day or two and remember that I suck at it and put it back away.

• Members

I have sustainiac on a guitar with a ZR trem.

What do I win for being better than an e-bow?

A soggy Cheez Doodle?

Ebows are great. I use mine in the studio for faux-synth lines: four tracks of different notes to make one giant pad.

• Members

I have one, mess around with it on occasion ..... fun to experiment with using a looper. My biggest gripe is that it's overpriced for what it actually is..... and there is indeed a learning curve before one sounds even half decent....heh... not a must have, but a fun adjunct.

• Members

They're super fun.

Try Ebow plus slide sometime... sounds like a theremin!
:rawk:

I do that as well to get really great theremin and otherworldly sounds. Fantastic!!!! I use an e-Bow fairly regularly and love it....definitely a useful tool for exploring different textures on the guitar.

• Members

I've been using them since they came out in the 70's and have owned all three models. I'm using mine even more these days than I use to since I've gotten into ambient electronic music. I have a song on one of my CD's where I recorded four tracks of Ebow on two different guitars with different effects and layered them over synth pads. Although I also have a guitar with a Sustainiac, I still use the Ebow for certain sounds.

Archived