Already more posts today than rest of the week...

ElectricEye

• Members

Yep glad HC 1.0 is back. Has anyone notified the ones that left or you think they are checking back here since they left?

The news about 1.0 hit every forum I was on so I'm sure that those who want to come back already know.

• Members

The whole thing is kind of sad, in the name of "catch the new social networking / face book wave" without understanding their community they have torpedoed and decimated one of the largest, most active music sites on the entire web, and amazingly they decimated it in about 48 hours. I don't know if they will ever recover from where they once were. What an amazing case study in how to ruin your brand and goodwill in about 2 days.

• Members

The whole thing is kind of sad, in the name of "catch the new social networking / face book wave" without understanding their community they have torpedoed and decimated one of the largest, most active music sites on the entire web, and amazingly they decimated it in about 48 hours. I don't know if they will ever recover from where they once were. What an amazing case study in how to ruin your brand and goodwill in about 2 days.

Yeah, I'm amazed, too. I said before, it's incredible because everyone on here warned them and they didn't want to listen. I'm sure a lot of people will eventually come back sooner or later. They might be pleasantly surprised to find 1.0 back. I find it hard most of them would just walk away permanently and never check back.

• Members

Yeah, I'm amazed, too. I said before, it's incredible because everyone on here warned them and they didn't want to listen. I'm sure a lot of people will eventually come back sooner or later. They might be pleasantly surprised to find 1.0 back. I find it hard most of them would just walk away permanently and never check back.

I don't know, I suspect there were a lot of people who abandoned their bookmarks to 1.0 when 2.0 rolled out and the old links were dead. For me, once I know a link is dead, I don't usually keep coming back to poke the corpse.

I'm glad I moved my old bookmarks to a dead links folder after the 2.0 cutover. Once 1.0 was relaunched, I still had everything.

It really points to another failure of the 2.0 transition -- hardly any effort was put into building redirects into the old links.

It'll only be the hardcores who come back in the short term. I think HC will need to rebuild those ties with casual visitors, and that may take awhile.

• Members

I'm glad the forums and reviews are back. Now if they could only un-crapify the rest of the site. I used to like to read the articles on the front page but still can't get to that page in my browser. I can't imagine how many people get to the front page from a search engine and get to that pile and immediately leave.

Archived