Yet another score from GC's used site...

webwarmiller

• Members

GC's used site has scored me some good deals this year: Blonde Squier Affinity Tele for $59 and a Peavey T-15 for $69 (both local). I check every morning under 'Just Arrived' to see if anything really interesting pops up. Well today I see a guitar simply listed as Yamaha Pacifica w/ Floyd Rose for $149. I cross my fingers as I call and it's a Pac 921.....what I was hoping it was. It's getting boxed for shipment as I type this...(from the GC in Lancaster, PA).

The 921's were/are high end guitars with Warmoth compound radius necks, jumbo frets and Dimarzio pickups (PAF Pros - neck/bridge and an HS-2 - middle.) They also have one of the sickest neck joints ever.....there is no heel. Look at this pic. The 'neck' screws closest to the bridge don't actually go into the neck itself (look how far back they are). There is an internal metal plate that allows this neck joint to work.

110193246182-6.jpg

• Members

Nice score. And FRONT!
:cop:
Ass shots are nice and all but, you know...

EG

That's just a pic of another 921 to show the neck joint .... I had to trust the store manager in regards to condition as I have no pics of actual guitar(not the first time w/ out of state GCs). I'll post a NGD when it actually arrives. Mine is the offwhite with white pickguard version.....can't wait for it to arrive...

• Members

Since this is a GC purchase, do you still have the 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it and want to return it?

That would make it just about risk free if you order something from them from another store out of state. I'm guessing you'd have to eat the shipping.

• Members

Since this is a GC purchase, do you still have the 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it and want to return it?

That would make it just about risk free if you order something from them from another store out of state. I'm guessing you'd have to eat the shipping.

Yes, it comes with the 30 day money back guarantee and I would have to eat the shipping. At $150 a 921 would have to have SERIOUS issues to not be worth it, however.

• Members

Great find Webster.

I agree, you can't beat the Pacificas with Rich Lasner's neck joint.

I recently picked up a 921 for $125 w/o a case, and another with a case for $160.

Bargains to say the least.

Two corrections though:

The neck on it is not a Warmoth neck.

This was only on some of the later 90's model 604/904's.

The single coils are HS-2's but the humbuckers are specially made for Yamaha as you'll notice when you get it.

They have two rows of screws with no pole pieces and are labeled P3.

I have catalog scans two if you'd like them?

• Members

Great find Webster.

I agree, you can't beat the Pacificas with Rich Lasner's neck joint.

I recently picked up a 921 for $125 w/o a case, and another with a case for $160.

I have catalog scans two if you'd like them?

You are always finding the best deals and I've noticed your collection has grown quite a bit.....with some VERY nice guitars. I'm sure you are right about those specs as well....you've got a wealth of info with all those catalogs you've kept. It would be a cool project to get them all available online. Evey MFG should have their old catalogs/user manuals avail in PDF on their website, yet only a few do..

• Members

Every MFG should have their old catalogs/user manuals avail in PDF on their website, yet only a few do.

That would be nice and logical but not practical for companies trying to make a buck. They just don't care about last years models or any previous cause there's no money in them.

The good thing is, there are people and websites out there for certain companies that have taken it upon themselves to do the history for them, which is very cool for us all.

Yeah, I've added a few more guitars since we last spoke.

How many are you up to now and how is the wife handling it?

• Members

How many are you up to now and how is the wife handling it?

Only 12 with another 2 full guitars in 'parts' at the moment. Wife doesn't like it, but she finds it hard to complain when she has vastly more money sunk into purses than I guitars.....

• Members

Only 12 with another 2 full guitars in 'parts' at the moment. Wife doesn't like it, but she finds it hard to complain when she has vastly more money sunk into purses than I guitars.....

HaHaHa.

Women and their damn articles of clothing and accessories.

That's compromise I guess, as long as everyone's happy.

Let me know if you wanna get together for some guitar time.

I'd love to see what you've picked up as of late.

I'm sure you'd love my new Carvin DC135 and another Robin Medley I just picked up. Their playability is beyond great.

• Members

Yes, it comes with the 30 day money back guarantee and I would have to eat the shipping. At $150 a 921 would have to have SERIOUS issues to not be worth it, however.

Do you have to ship it back from where you bought it or can you return it to a local GC?

• Members

Let me know if you wanna get together for some guitar time.

I'd love to see what you've picked up as of late.

I'm sure you'd love my new Carvin DC135 and another Robin Medley I just picked up. Their playability is beyond great.

Will do....got swamped with work last 9 months

BTW, they have (perhaps had by now) a Robin at First Cash Pawn on Forest btw Jupiter and Shiloh. If memory serves me correct it was a purple quilt top but wasn't in the greatest shape....their starting price on it was $500 so I'm sure it could be substantially talked down.

• Members

BTW, they have (perhaps had by now) a Robin at First Cash Pawn on Forest btw Jupiter and Shiloh. If memory serves me correct it was a purple quilt top but wasn't in the greatest shape....their starting price on it was $500 so I'm sure it could be substantially talked down.

I'll be heading to see this today. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived