my feeble attempt at rhythm guitar

diceman1000

• Members

i gave it a listen and think that your rhythm is pretty solid. that guitar looks real nice too.

in terms of constructive criticism, the playing was somewhat stiff (maybe that's the effect you were going for; if not, i can relate to stiffening up playing-wise when recording) and the tone was over-saturated. try using one of the two pedals and/or dialing back on the gain and re-recording the track. i bet it makes a world of difference.

nice work~ and disregard the constructive commentary if that wasn't what you were looking for!

• Members

Was it you singing with the track? If so that was pretty solid playing and singing at the same time. I think for me it's just that the chosen dialed sound isn't what I would pick. this gain doesn't allow for much dynamics and nuance in your strumming no matter how well you strum. I'm just not a fan of bees flying around.

• Members

Was it you singing with the track? If so that was pretty solid playing and singing at the same time. I think for me it's just that the chosen dialed sound isn't what I would pick. this gain doesn't allow for much dynamics and nuance in your strumming no matter how well you strum. I'm just not a fan of bees flying around.

nope, i wasn't singing on that one... and it was the first time i'd actually played along with the song...

• Members

thanks bud... that was all on the clean of my Crate VC3112 with a Dano T-Bone Distortion and Dano Pastrami OD in front of it...

The distortion channel of the Crate would sound 1,000 times better than that. That's a really unnatural sound.

• Members

Pretty good man. Stand up and I bet you loosen up.

For me it's hard to tell if it's too much gain or just you loud and out in front of the recording.

Oh wait, at 2:35 or so it became apparent that a little less gain would be the way to go.

Nice work!

Archived