EMG Afterburner?

jr_vw2

• Members

I figure for $32 shipped I'll give it a try. I will probably try it out at 18v. I plan in putting it in my king v which has an x2n in it. And I may also try it out on my schecter which has 81/85 combo @18v. I will post the results when I get it.

I figure it would add hiss to the signal. But I have an ns2 on the ready for that if it is the case.

• Members

I figure for $32 shipped I'll give it a try. I will probably try it out at 18v. I plan in putting it in my king v which has an x2n in it. And I may also try it out on my schecter which has 81/85 combo @18v. I will post the results when I get it.

I figure it would add hiss to the signal. But I have an ns2 on the ready for that if it is the case.

My problem was the hiss, and the crackling decay... kinda like when using certain fuzz pedals.

• Members

I think you should try it with 9 volts first.

• Members

You'll probably want to mess with the dip switches to get the correct amount of boost for you. I have Zero problem with mine at bedroom levels, at rehearsal levels, I finally just bought an ISP Decimator to keep it tame. It's fine while I'm playing, but you either have to kill it, or the volume on the guitar FAST! or bandmates are gonna be pissed. Awesome little unit, adds a lot of........character. :thu: Hope you enjoy it!

edit: :love: mine at 18v

Archived