Mad World

Schuyler

• Members

Hello my friends!! My band spent this weekend at our singer's house recording a cover of "Mad World" by Tears for Fears, and I'm here to present it to you.

http://www.myspace.com/stillavenue

For amps, I used an Engl Fireball, and the singer used a Marshall JVM 410. For guitars, I used an Gibson SG Special, and the singer used a Gibson Les Paul Custom. The mics we used on the Marshall 1936 2x12 were a Sennheiser MD421, Shure SM57, and an MXL 2001.

29654_10150197028540268_507825267_125357

29654_10150197028560268_507825267_125357

29654_10150197028565268_507825267_125357

Thanks guys!! Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

• Members

I thought it was kinda cool. Seemed a bit too up-beat, though, - after about 1:12 - for the nature/mood of the actual song.

I agree. I like the pace of the original better, but still, it's a good sounding and well done recording. Good job to the OP.

• Members

I do agree with you guys, I love the pace of the original tune. But of course this is a cover, and we tried to turn it into our own thing. We tried to keep some of the same mood while turning it into a rock song. Glad you guys like the sounds though!

• Members

I like the approach - minus the breaking glass - but somebody needs to cut loose on that solo.

Hey dude. Thanks for listening! I thought the breaking glass was a little repetitive as well, but it also adds to the business of the song. When we took it out it sounded extremely bare. That could be because we had been hearing it the whole time and were used to it, but we decided to keep it for various reasons anyway.

About the solo.. I did a take of a crazier solo, but for some reason we decided to keep the simple one. I think we'll save the crazy stuff for live.

• Members

About the solo.. I did a take of a crazier solo, but for some reason we decided to keep the simple one. I think we'll save the crazy stuff for live.

I like the solo. I think it fits well. It's good and melodic which many times works better than crazy, especially as basically it's a slow, sad song.

Archived