how do I wire my strat so the number 3 position gives B+N pups?

twotimingpete

• Members

in other words, I want 1, 2, 4, and 5 to all be as normal, but 3, instead of being middle alone, would instead be just the neck and bridge combined. that's one of the tones I feel I'm missing on my strat and I don't use the 3 position much if ever.

is there an easy way to do this? I know how to make solder connections.

• Members

you need a 7 way switch or a push/push knob to activate the bridge and neck together. You could just swap the lead of the middle pickup and one of the others and do it that way but you would lose some of the postion you use now.

• Members

You can do something similar using all your existing components. Wire your first tone pot to be a master tone for neck and bridge pickups, wire the bridge and neck pickups to the switch like a Tele, and then make the remaining tone pot a volume control for the middle pickup, allowing you to bring it in (or out) regardless of switch position. Basically you're using a Tele diagram, but with an extra pickup with it's own pot.

It's not quite as elegant in use as the switching you're looking for, but it gives you all seven possible combinations and hey, it's free!

• Members

This is the musicman silhouette special way. You have to think of the humbucker as a singlecoil. In the 3rd position it is neck and bridge side of humbucker anyway :thu:

wdu_hss5l11_02

cfd_silhouette_sss.gif

Strat-5way-SSS-nb-v1.jpg

That's all I could find...

Archived