Hybrid Electric/Acoustic Guitars with Stereo Output

FiresideVanity

• Members

Howdy, helpful Harmony-Centrallers.

I was hoping you guys could help me by listing different electric/acoustic hybrid guitars that have a stereo output that allow me via a stereo "Y" cable to run the acoustic signal to one amp and the magnetic signal to another amp at the same time.

I am currently using a Michael Kelly Hybrid, but I need a backup guitar for gigs. I may just get another MK Hybrid, but I thought I'd check out all my options first.

I've searched around on the internet, but not all websites are clear whether the output is stereo or not. I've also tried searching the forums here, but the website keeps bringing up errors when I try to search forums.

Thanks in advance :).

I currently am aware of the following guitars which meet my specifications:

Michael Kelly Hybrid

Michael Kelly Hybrid Special

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II

• Members

Hi.

I converted my Framus Diablo Custom (Wilkinson trem) to a magnetic/piezo hybrid with
this
. Now it has a stereo out and separate vol pots.

So the answer is, pretty much any guitar can be modded to what you are looking for.

:wave:

How does it sound?

I *think* I want the guitar to be semi-hollow but if you like the sound of your acoustic output, then maybe I will just mod one of my other guitars with an LR Baggs bridge or something similar.

• Members

What about instead of having one output feed two amps, you have two outputs feedingd two amps? If that works for you, and you want a higher class guitar, consider a Carvin. My DC127 has two outputs. One is a typical mono magnetic output and one is a stereo piezo output. You can either go with a cable dedicated to each output, or you can blend the signals and send them both out of the magnetic output.

• Members

What about instead of having one output feed two amps, you have two outputs feedingd two amps? If that works for you, and you want a higher class guitar, consider a Carvin. My DC127 has two outputs. One is a typical mono magnetic output and one is a stereo piezo output. You can either go with a cable dedicated to each output, or you can blend the signals and send them both out of the magnetic output.

That is an option also, but if I was to get a Carvin, I'd probably get an AE185 :).

• Members

ok, but I'm not sure you can get the AE185 with the options I'm talking about. I know you can't get a CT or CS with it.

EDIT: I'm right, you can't get that option on it.. The reason for that is that it comes stock on the AE. :thu:

• Members

How does it sound?

I *think* I want the guitar to be semi-hollow but if you like the sound of your acoustic output, then maybe I will just mod one of my other guitars with an LR Baggs bridge or something similar.

for a piezo system it's outstanding.

it's this preamp that improves the piezos sound:

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=14

here some exsamples straight into the soundcard. gets even better with reverb, of course. :)

• Members

for a piezo system it's outstanding.

it's this preamp that improves the piezos sound:

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=14

here some exsamples straight into the soundcard. gets even better with reverb, of course.
:)

That does sound good, I may have to check that out :).

Did you have enough room for everything inside?

I have a Saga Tele that I made that would be a prime candidate for this.

• Members

That does sound good, I may have to check that out

Did you have enough room for everything inside?

I have a Saga Tele that I made that would be a prime candidate for this.

good point, I also added the MIDI board, so the battery didn't fit.

P1100830-fra.jpg

A luthier added a cool battery compartment.

P1100828-fra.jpg

• Members

You apparently have the most versatile guitar on the planet.

I *should* have enough room if I don't get the MIDI board.

In something somewhat related, what stereo "Y" cable do you use (if you use one). I bought a Hosa one and it was super noisy, so I ended up buying a Monster (vomit) one from musiciansfriend but of course it's backordered.

• Members

Godin Montreal?

229371.jpg

"The 2 Godin humbuckers produce an extensive range of sounds thanks to a special 5-way switch that provides 5 distinct tones. Add in the L.R. Baggs transducers loaded in the bridge saddles and the palette of sounds becomes infinite. 2 separate outputs are set up so that the electric and acoustic voices can be blended in the guitar using a single patch cord or at the amp/mixer using both outputs. The Montreal guitar hardware is black and gold."

• Members

I am lucky enough to have two guitars that do the stereo split: an Ovation VXT http://www.thevxt.com/ and a Parker P-36, which is their take on a tele. The Ovation has a spruce top and chambered with two Duncan 59s, made in USA, and fabulous. Sort of Les Paulish with the hbs. Incredible guitar in many ways, just love it. If you search the net you can perhaps find a new one around $800 with nice case (list is $2600 or so).

The Parker is discontinued. Got mine at Best Buy for $499 with very good gigbag. I like much better than Fender tele, and sounds etc are superb. made in Indonesia reason it is so cheap.

So I've got what I consider to be Les Paul and Tele beaters at not too much money.

Got a Planet waves 20' stereo insert cable for $40 from Amazon that seems to do the trick. Ovation comes with short stereo cable that splits to two monos, but that would mean you's then have 2 cables to trip over. Plus it never worked right for me anyway.....

Both of these I consider a cut about the pack in this area.

If you want the Parker, I suggest not waiting too long. Saw some leather wrapped ones on ebay.... sounds like a good way to deaden your sound, plus strike me as tacky....

• Members

Howdy, helpful Harmony-Centrallers.

I was hoping you guys could help me by listing different electric/acoustic hybrid guitars that have a stereo output that allow me via a stereo "Y" cable to run the acoustic signal to one amp and the magnetic signal to another amp at the same time.

I am currently using a Michael Kelly Hybrid, but I need a backup guitar for gigs. I may just get another MK Hybrid, but I thought I'd check out all my options first.

I've searched around on the internet, but not all websites are clear whether the output is stereo or not. I've also tried searching the forums here, but the website keeps bringing up errors when I try to search forums.

Thanks in advance

I currently am aware of the following guitars which meet my specifications:

Michael Kelly Hybrid

Michael Kelly Hybrid Special

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II

Hi, nearly all of them have either a stereo output jack or separate jacks to keep the signals separated. I prefer separate jacks. Here are the ones I have.

Hamer Duo-Tone

Parkwood H4(love it)

Italia Mondial

Peavey Generation EXP

Carvin AE185.

Here's a rough clip of my Hamer using a stereo setup for the regular pickups and the piezo straight to the board.

[YOUTUBE]yOw3FU9DxhU[/YOUTUBE]

Archived