Crosstown Lightnin' gig report- When Bass amps go bad....

metalheadUK

• Members

Yeah, I know...thats why I didn't argue.

It was a weird situation...driving that speed was the aftermath of a previous incident further back where a guy in a large 4x4 DELIBERATELY tried to take me out at 70 MPH!
:eek:

Myself and Jan were seriously freaked out, and I was just trying to put some distance between me and someone who seemed happy to kill us!

:thu:

oh

I am coming back for a couple of weeks in July.

I have not been back for 15 years and have not driven in that time either.

airport pick up required I feel as 15 years no driving and 15 hours travel in a flying bar will not mix well with angry 4x4s.

• Members

Same thing happened to a bass amp of a friend of mine. (Since I am a Yank, I said friend instead of mate. Thank me later.)

Turned out one of the plug in connections had become corroded over the last 20 years and was making the amp cut out. Quick fix. May be worth a look.

Surfy

• Members

Hey Marc - how much is a half decent bass amp? I'll chuck in a few quid for a hard-gigging forumite. And when I say "a few", I do mean "a few" (me bought new house so very poor), but every little helps perhaps
:D

Great gig review as well. Sod all the technical problems, it's all about having a good time. If you and the crowd do, what's not to like?

Yeah, 'cos that went down really well in Cumbria last week didn't it......

Thanks man!

That is such a kind gesture, and I truly appreciate it, but hopefully not necessary.

With a bit of luck it may well only be a dodgy connection or a fritzed pre amp valve.

I know someone who will loan me an Ampeg bass combo if I need it, and I've also got a Peavey rig here...the cabs good to go, but I need to get the head sorted, but in a dire emergency I reckon my old '73 single channel non master volume Carlsbro' valve head would get me out of trouble used with the peavey cab.

It's not my week really...been up the hospital today with my recurring stomach problem which has flared up today. Been diagnosed with possible Colitis, whatever TF that is.

Bit of a wait on emergency appointments...30 days for Tunbridge Wells, or 59 days for Eastbourne (which is a lot nearer).

Biggest prob is the ammount of stuff I have going on...was supposed to do an all day rehearsal today, and obviously couldn't, so I have to pay for that, and I've got stuff on on Saturday and Sunday as well and no idea wether I'll actually be able to do them.

Luckily it's all rehearsals at the moment...I'd do the gigs even if I had to sit down....

Hopefully, it will have calmed down a bit by then.

And as for the rest of you guys, thanks muchly for the comments and stuff...I have NO idea what is in Jo Jos Bass drum, but like the idea of the blow up doll.

Maybe if it's their next gig, I'll chat it up, take it for a meal and see how things develop!

:thu:

• Members

For next time, tie a rope round the legs/front of the bass drums and tie it behind the drum stool. The drummers own weight stops the bass drum moving even on a slippy gym floor.

Good pics. Looks like a fun gig.

a small rug seems to work too.

Archived