New Gibson Day! Finally arrived! Pics!

bluesnapper

• Members

So here we go... Les Paul Studio Faded. Chambered mahogany body with mahogany cap (not maple). Burstbucker pickups.

Straight out of the box, set up near perfect - nut will need to be recut to accommodate 11s, fret ends could be a touch smoother but completely acceptable - at least as good as any mid-priced guitar - it was

• Members
hey, that's a great family! i love the SRV strat and that amp. any clips or vids of the cornford?

The SRV is my number 1 guitar. I'm still thinking about replacing the scratchplate - it's real cheeZy right now - basically I treat it as an awesome 1-piece body Strat with hot pickups, flat neck profile and a trem that's easier to grab...

I bought the Cornford cos I'd heard tales about Fender amps going bad - once the PCBs have melted there's not much hope of saving them. Mind you, I could have bought 3 BJs for the price of one Cornford...

I can't post clips because my recording skills really don't do the gear justice! I rate Cornford very highly - the cleans are nearly as good as Fenders, but the gains, maaaaaan are AWESOME. Seriously, I'm yet to find better..

Either way, I'm still happy with the New Guitar!
:thu:

Archived