Cool or me?

esphil

• Members

Yes or No?

If you were in an elevator, and you found out everyone else in the elevator with you was gay.....

would you get off?

Yes, or No?

Ok for Pete's sake its a joke people. Lighten up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. asking if something looks "gay" is not homophobic, nor is it an insult just by the nature of pointing out that it looks "gay"

2. That has to be the ugliest finish I've ever seen

3. Yes, it looks like you should be playing guitar in a band on gay pride weekend.

4. As the gay community has adopted the rainbow and rainbow flags, it is natural to make the connection. It's like saying "Does having a star of David on my guitar make me look Jewish?" The answer is yes. Using symbols will always associate you with others that use those symbols.

:wave:

• Members
1. asking if something looks "gay" is not homophobic, nor is it an insult just by the nature of pointing out that it looks "gay"

2. That has to be the ugliest finish I've ever seen

3. Yes, it looks like you should be playing guitar in a band on gay pride weekend.

4. As the gay community has adopted the rainbow and rainbow flags, it is natural to make the connection. It's like saying "Does having a star of David on my guitar make me look Jewish?" The answer is yes. Using symbols will always associate you with others that use those symbols.

:wave:

This is HC. No room for logic here, dammit! :cop:

EG

• Members
I wanted to get your thoughts on this. I saw this guitar last week and I personally it looks freaking incredible.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Al-Di-Meola-Prism-Electric-Guitar?sku=520100

So would you rock this guitar even though its clearly a rainbow? I wouldn't pay the money for it but if I could get it for 1k or so I'd rock it.

clownvomit.gif

• Members
:eek:
:facepalm:

Why does Vibracell get a reflexive facepalm, if Res-O-Glass--or plexiglass, for that matter--remains highly coveted? I would suggest that, because the crowd doesn't approve, you are unable to do so either.

Res-O-Glass

eastwood-144.jpg

Plexiglass

dan_armstong1.jpg

Vibracell

big.jpg

537588.jpg

@ MusiciansFriend:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Switch-OscarIV-Signature-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=515687

There was a white Switch Tele-style that was excellent looking, but I'm unable to find an image of that guitar right now.

The thing is: I've never played one of these, but I don't remember reading a bad review. The reviews I read spoke to the guitar's neck-tyhrough construction, excellent playability, and impressive resonance.

Not for everyone, for sure, but not worthy of being discounted out of hand.

But as Ken Parker has said, guitarists, who you would think would be open to new ideas, are, for the most part, the opposite.

• Members
Why does Vibracell get a reflexive facepalm, if Res-O-Glass--or plexiglass, for that matter--remains highly coveted? I would suggest that, because the crowd doesn't approve, you are unable to do so either.

Res-O-Glass

eastwood-144.jpg

Plexiglass

dan_armstong1.jpg

Vibracell

big.jpg

537588.jpg

@ MusiciansFriend:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Switch-OscarIV-Signature-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=515687

There was a white Switch Tele-style that was excellent looking, but I'm unable to find an image of that guitar right now.

The thing is: I've never played one of these, but I don't remember reading a bad review. The reviews I read spoke to the guitar's neck-tyhrough construction, excellent playability, and impressive resonance.

But as Ken Parker has said, guitarists, who you would think would be open to new ideas, are, for the most part, the opposite.

The difference is the Airline guitar looks cool. All the others look like clown vomit.

• Members

Res-O-Glass

eastwood-144.jpg

Plexiglass

dan_armstong1.jpg

Vibracell

big.jpg

537588.jpg

@ MusiciansFriend:

I was commenting on the name of the thing, but you've just shown me a few things I didn't know about, so thanks.

Wood rules btw, as closed-minded as that makes me. ;)

• Members

The difference is the Airline guitar looks cool. All the others look like clown vomit.

Possibly--and maybe even probably--but there's also a considerable possibility that your perception about the Airline is shaped, not by any inherent aesthetic leanings, but by the fact that Jack White--and others--have made it look cool.

Archived