What do you love about your #1 guitar?

NinjaModder

• Members

This mine:

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/one4rich/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=PeaveyNitro001.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/one4rich/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=PeaveyNitro004.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/one4rich/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=PeaveyNitro006.jpg

1988 Peavey Nitro Custom, Ltd. Edition.

Made in USA, black cherry pearl finish, neck-thru, ebony fretboard, abalone inlays, Schaller Floyd, Bill Lawrence's L-500XL, Bartolini SuperStrat, and one of only 700 made. Smooth, comfortable, and solid as a rock.

I'll never sell it.

• Members

My Carvin DC127, I love absolutely everything about it, it came to me perfectly set up 8 years ago and it hasn't been in the shop since. The intonation and tuning stability are perfect, I did swap out the bridge pickup but that's the only mod I plan on doing to it. Overall though, the thing that makes it my surefire #1, is the fact that even when I'm enjoying playing one of my other guitars picking up my Carvin makes me go "Oh ya, that's why this is the one!".

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

• Members

everything. i love how nice it feels, how easy it plays, how good it sounds, how well it holds a tune and how i don't care if one of the kids knocks it over. its nice not to worry about a guitar and to concern oneself with enjoying/playing it. my playing has increased 10-fold since i got this thing.

• Members

What do you love about your #1 guitar?

Slinkyness (is that a word ???), Korean build quality, incredible stability of tuning, vast tonal variety, bullied MF into a great deal when they f'ed up on overnight shipping right before X-mas :cool: .... just sayin'

• Members

my numero uno in recent years has been this 2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard. on paper, there is absolutely nothing special about this guitar. it has a 60s neck carve, chambered body, Burstbucker Pro pickups, stock everything and a slightly-better-than-pedestrian flamed maple top.

the thing is, number #1's aren't defined by specs on paper (IMO). since the first time i played this guitar, there's something about it that just works for me. i am inclined to think i own some very respectable guitars and all of them are outstanding (which is why i bought them). but this is one of a critical few that i always reach for and have never lost confidence in. it elevates my playing instead of holding me back. maybe that's what it is. oh, and it's my all-time favorite finish of any guitar ever.

w03LPStandard-003.jpg

w03LPStandard-002.jpg

w03LPStandard-004.jpg

w03LPStandard-005.jpg

w03LPStandard-006.jpg

w03LPStandard-007.jpg

Archived