What do you love about your #1 guitar?

NinjaModder

• Members

I don't have a number 1 guitar, like axegrinder I switch around my guitars every once in a while.

But I'd say my Mexican Std Strat is my most personal guitar because it was the first "real" guitar I've owned, and I had such a love/hate relationship with it at first (didn't have a good setup in the beginning) until I got it playing perfectly now, just the way I like it. Now it's the one I like playing the most.

Next is my Ibanez Jet King 4. Out of my 7 guitars it's my best playing one and I love its sound, so if I had to name my 2 top guitars, it would be this and the MIM Strat.

• Members

I've had my #1 since I was 16. I know there are other guitars that may be slightly more playable, or maybe have 'better' tone, but playing this guitar comes naturally to me. Never goes out of tune, even whilst wrenching on the Bigsby (The Grover locking tuners and roller bridge help)

Never played a show without her!

• Members

My number one guitar is a Strat with a lot of custom touches that was done up to my specs...

It started out as a Standard H.S.S Fat Start and has now become what i have always wanted in a guitar right down to the strings..

It took almost two years to complete slowly adding more of the custom stuff as money would allow..

It is not the most expensive guitar i own or the best looking..What it is ,is the easiest playing and versatile guitar i have ever owned..

Plus i might add that if you ever have a chance to have a guitar made to your specs there is a certain amount of pride that goes along with it..

• Members

My #1 is this:

DC127T-H.jpg

And here are a few of the many things I love about it..

headstock.jpg

It's a Carvin.. That alone, awesome..

neckjoint.jpg

The neck joint, or rather, the complete lack there of.. Awesome..

bridge.jpg

The Fishman piezo bridge.. Sounds like angels making sweet love to demons against their will.. Again, awesome..

• Members

^ lols.

Sorry to say that I don't have a number one. I get moments of being totally connected to a guitar, like there is no me or guitar, just playing music. I'll go back to the same guitar the next day and it will feel different, maybe it's just me that's different. But on a few guitars that I enjoy playing, I get those moments and it makes it pretty satisfying. That is what I like about any #1 though, being able to get lost in it.

• Members

I don't have a number 1 guitar, like axegrinder I switch around my guitars every once in a while.

Me as well. It really depends on what I'm working on at the time and which guitar suits that style the best in my mind. Recently I've been working primarily on Blues soloing and find my recently acquired Fender (Squier Series) Strat to be the perfect foil for this with it's fat greasy ceramic Strat tone. I should mention that I shimmed the neck, replaced the plastic nut with quality graph tech graphite and replaced the zinc block with one made of brass (only $30 shipped from GFS) to get it to it's lofty status (my other guitars are sweet as well). It actually sounds and plays so good that last week I had a hard time prying it from my instructor's hands. (My instructor is a professional full time gigging musician with American Fenders, Gibbys and a PRS and it was obvious after playing his #1 Strat that this one sounded even Strattier. His only complaint was that he likes his action a little higher).

DSC00438.jpg

The one with the taped single ply white pickguard far right. The other strat is pretty special as well - more articulate, not as fat and greasy (Custom Order acquired from Fender sponsored artist).

• Members

Also it just sounds classy!

What about you guys?

It looks classy too. :cool:

The things I love about my Hill are the great fret job, the smooth playing action and the uniqueness of the guitar itself. The electronics are excellent too. It just feels right strapped across my shoulders.

4718497796_91d61ce4b7_b.jpg

• Members

My current #1 is a HW1 strat with an 80's MIJ neck that is effing enormous, plus I've spent hours getting it setup perfectly with 11s so it sounds amazing and plays effortlessly. I love the color combo (3TSB/ RW fretboard/ Tortoiseshell guard) and the thin nitro finish that is wearing from my playing.

i wish i had a pic :(

• Members

My Gibson Faded V. I had a love/hate thing with it for a while. Liked the construction, hated the pickups and the annoyance of sitting with it.

Recently decided it was the easiest playing guitar i've ever set my hands on. The neck is comfortable for extended playing, the pickups are more versatile than I originally thought (though I may change them later). I don't mind sitting with it, it's annoying but I can still comfortably play. It sounds good, it has taken quite a beating since I've owned it (those wings are hard to contain sometimes). I feel bonded to it for sure, it's one I won't let go.

• Members

For me, it's the history. I learned how to play on this thing, considering I got it after I'd only been at it about a year. Every significant milestone has been on this guitar, every big show. It's been with me longer than some of my friends and for about half of my life now. Plus it helps that its an absolute beast of a guitar, perfect playability and really really aggressive tone. It sounds like if a tyrannosaurus was flying an f-16.

guitarsandrabbits084.jpg

• Members

My Les Paul Studio has taken several ass beatings and stays the same every time I play it. My Tele has a certain snap to it that just says 'play me'. My Ovation is old enough to have its' car insurance rates go down... it just fits me.

• Members

a) It has the right number of strings for me, i.e. 7

b) The neck suits me perfectly. Have never played another 7 and been as comfortable on it, including my other two 7s.

c) The versatility. Two humbuckers with a 3-way selector, push-push pot for each pickup for coil splitting. On top of that, "acoustic" sounds are only the flick of a switch away, as well as being able to blend those sounds with the normal magnetic pickup sounds.

All that, plus I have to love it. With the way it's looking these days, I probably wouldn't get much if I tried selling it. :o

Archived