Musicians Friend is Listening, sent me an email

wanderoo222

• Members

Don't be embarrassed. It's great that they are indeed reading some posts. :thu:
Besides, what good is a discount coupon, if it doesn't include the real things most people would use it for?!

MF offers coupons, but most of them don't include the guitars or amps people desire. Usually, it is some perifferal stuff that people are not going to be motivated to spend on right this minute, whereas a guitar or amp is a different matter altogether.

If a company is going to offer coupons for additional discounts, then they should consider the fact that people looking for these added discounts are not stupid, and will either shop elsewhere, or just wait it out.

• Members

My guess is that MF would be happy to offer the 20% discounts on about anything they stock, except that certain brands think they need to control retail prices. So for legal reasons MF probably has to put those exceptions in the fine print, but off the record things are different.

• Members

My guess is that MF would be happy to offer the 20% discounts on about anything they stock, except that certain brands think they need to control retail prices. So for legal reasons MF probably has to put those exceptions in the fine print, but off the record things are different.

I'd be willing to bet that's exactly the case.

Most big name manufacturers have minimum advertised prices. Advertising an item at that price on your website and also advertising 20% off of that price would probably violate the MAP agreement the store has with the manufacturer.

• Members

I'd be willing to bet that's exactly the case.

Most big name manufacturers have minimum advertised prices. Advertising an item at that price on your website and also advertising 20% off of that price would probably violate the MAP agreement the store has with the manufacturer.

Yeah, I've used those % off coupons on stuff on the exclusion list with them before. Fender was excluded, but I still was able to use a 15% coupon on my Fender American Special Telecaster last March.

My advise is attempt to use the coupon first and if it doesn't work, call them up and be a squeaky-wheel:thu:

• Members

We're listening cause we love you :love:.

Hi Justin.

If I told you I love you, will you send me a brand new Les Paul?

No?

I'd be willing to "do" ALOT of..... ahem....... "things" for it too.

Just let me know.

Your girlfriend, Dave.

Only slightly awkward.

• Members

Only
slightly
awkward.

Yeah, but he means it.. :rolleyes:

He love you long time!

Hey, I've got a suggestion too.. How about making the "Stupid Deal of the Day" stop being so retarded? Sometimes, the STOD price is the exact same, and I've seen it actually be higher than the usual price. Ridiculous..

• Members
Yeah, but he means it..
:rolleyes:

He love you long time!

Hey, I've got a suggestion too.. How about making the "Stupid Deal of the Day" stop being so retarded? Sometimes, the STOD price is the exact same, and I've seen it actually be higher than the usual price. Ridiculous..

It's been an ongoing issue with our software. For some reason, when we post the SDOTD, sometimes it doesn't upload the right price. We are working on it though. And if you do come across a SDOTD price that's higher or the normal price, call the 800 number and they'll make sure you get the correct price.

• Members
Don't be embarrassed. It's great that they are indeed reading some posts.
:thu:
Besides, what good is a discount coupon, if it doesn't include the real things most people would use it for?!

MF offers coupons, but most of them don't include the guitars or amps people desire. Usually, it is some perifferal stuff that people are not going to be motivated to spend on right this minute, whereas a guitar or amp is a different matter altogether.

If a company is going to offer coupons for additional discounts, then they should consider the fact that people looking for these added discounts are not stupid, and will either shop elsewhere, or just wait it out.

That's kind of the point.

MF isn't in business to get gear to as many people as possible out of the generosity of their hearts. They're in business to make money. Why would they offer to discount the things you already want to buy at full price? They discount the things you don't intend to buy to make you want to buy them too. Business 101 FTW.

• Members

I ended up saving the 20% coupon till the end of July, and then when I was ready to order, I had to throw it away b/c everything was excluded. (wasn't excluded at the beginning of the month - I had checked the exclusions list when I first got the coupon) Luckily Sam Ash emailed me to say that Saturday they were having a 20% off EVERYTHING sale, and so I was still able to get the item I wanted at the price I wanted - but just not through Musicians Friend. Spent $800.

Maybe they'll have a real coupon available for Labor Day this year.

Archived