there are two types of pick users: jazz III guys and the other guys

Curling

• Members

when i play jazz I like to try to sound like Jazz legend wes montgomery , he used his thumb so i guess i will pass on the over priced (over rated imo :idk:) fancy pancy expensive picks

these are fairly cheap only a $1.69 and you get a free loaf of bread with each one you buy,,,,,

bread+bag+tags.JPG

I actually did use one of these years ago, i needed a pick and didnt feel like going all the way to the music store for just a pick ...so i used it...:facepalm: ....:lol:

im just teasin ya , play with what ever turns you on be it cheap or pricy ,,its all good ;)

• Members
$20 - and they are well worth it. The cheapest way to improve your tone imo:thu:

I have 10 of them - not because I bought them myself, but because my wife was clever enough to get them for me 2 years ago for our 5th wedding anniversary. She got me 2 little Jazzers, 3 Classics, 3 Classic IIs, and 2 of their extra wide picks. They are all really, really good. I have since ordered 2 of their indestructible picks which are a relatively affordable $10 each.

:o For that $20 I can buy a bag of 72 tortex picks. They work for me.

• Members

I don't use them exclusively but do from time to time, especially if playing a lot of speedy single note lines etc... and for whatever reason they do work. There is some special little mojo in them things that let you play cleaner and more fluidly...

• Members

when i play jazz I like to try to sound like Jazz legend wes montgomery , he used his thumb so i guess i will pass on the over priced (over rated imo
:idk:
) fancy pancy expensive picks

these are fairly cheap only a $1.69 and you get a free loaf of bread with each one you buy,,,,,

bread+bag+tags.JPG

I actually did use one of these years ago, i needed a pick and didnt feel like going all the way to the music store for just a pick ...so i used it...
:facepalm:
:lol:

im just teasin ya , play with what ever turns you on be it cheap or pricy ,,its all good
;)

Those work a lot better as straplocks than they do as picks...

• Members

After messing around w/ a friend's Jazz III's I bought a pack just the other week. I've been using the 1mm Tortex Sharp picks lately, which I do really like, but the Jazz IIIs are cool. Haven't quite gotten used to them yet, but I like them enough to give them a fair shake.

I have some V-picks and I like the feel (particularly the screamer and the larger V, whatever it's called), but the tone has too much glassy high end for my taste. I go back to them from time to time, and I like doing a mandolin impression w/ them when playing acoustic.

• Members

recently i have changed to these from jazz III. in the heavy, theyre a tiny bit bigger than the jazz 3, and a little less thick, although i bet the extra heavys come closer. these have the powder stuff on them like gator grips too, the jazz IIIs can get slippery, so this is nice. check em out, theyre cheap.

591615.jpg

• Members

I was a jazz III guy, used them for years, but I fell back in love recently with gator grip 1.14's. I don't really know which option to vote for. I love both.

Great pick. This was my pick until I discovered my Jazz Stars... Now I can't go back to the larger pick, so I gotta find another jazzer.

Archived