Deadbeat Son's alt-country appreciation thread

Deadbeat Son

• Members

Thanks for posting the DBT. I've been wanting to check them out, but never was sure of where to start with their music. I like the vox in the first video better. Which one is Jason Isabelle?

This may be tough....going to be in Austin 10/06-? ACL fest has Lucero and Gas Light Anthem playing on different stages at the SAME TIME!

Have you seen either band previously?

• Members

l7YkBYroTpU

Sorry 'bout the quality. Wish they had the studio version of this track up. This is off The Mother Hips - Back To the Grotto. If you can ever track down this album do so. It's fantastic. Here are a couple other tracks from it:

I2l0ze9LYVA

Akv8yAtSrks

The band is still active, and while they still sound great, they don't really sound much like that anymore. 2010 release:

K6_E1rWIL0g

• Members

slim cessna's auto club

nJf123zWI6w

munly and the lee lewis harlots

cW93ocCO-sM

16 horsepower

ZhV235GakRE

robbie fulks

15Eem57nX7k

richard buckner

NIToWtcSLfM

of course, mike ness' solo records are awesome

16GDt2XHESw

oh ... and a lil band called the cheatin kind :)

wWzp6N7jkLk

(we sound like {censored} in this video - we totally got screwed at this show and didn't go on till like 2 hours after we were supposed to; so our response was to get completely loaded ... but it's the only youtube video of us at the moment)

• Members

Thanks for posting the DBT. I've been wanting to check them out, but never was sure of where to start with their music. I like the vox in the first video better. Which one is Jason Isabelle?

Have you seen either band previously?

One of my favorite Drive-By Trucker songs (been listening to them since "Decoration Day" came out in 2003). Jason Isbell wrote this song, and he's the one singing the lead.

[YOUTUBE]xDODEj1gkS4[/YOUTUBE]

Another Favorite of mine. Patterson Hood is singling the lead. His dad is David Hood, the well known bassist from the Muscle Shoals Rhythmn Section

[YOUTUBE]J-PF1Egqz3g[/YOUTUBE]

And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't include a song Mike Cooley sings on. Mike's the guy at 22 seconds into the video, with the sunburst Tele.

[YOUTUBE]TkwiUSF4DZA[/YOUTUBE]

The Drive-By Truckers are SO COOL! 3 guitarists, who all sing lead! My kind of band! :thu:

• Members

oh ... and a lil band called the cheatin kind :)

wWzp6N7jkLk

(we sound like {censored} in this video - we totally got screwed at this show and didn't go on till like 2 hours after we were supposed to; so our response was to get completely loaded ... but it's the only youtube video of us at the moment)

Dang, no you tube at work....

If I had a dollar for everytime that happened to me I would have enough $ to go out drinking. I'll post some Run to Sandy's (my outfit) twangier stuff, too bad I don't have any video since I started using this axe in the band:

gretsch5259.jpg

• Members

Thanks for posting the DBT. I've been wanting to check them out, but never was sure of where to start with their music. I like the vox in the first video better. Which one is Jason Isabelle

Isbell's singing in the first video. I really like his solo stuff as well.

[YOUTUBE]CDly5JDbTgo[/YOUTUBE]

If you want to check out the Truckers, I'd recommend starting with one of these:

DriveBy_Truckers-Southern_Rock_Opera_3.j

Drive-By-Truckers-Decoration-Day.jpg

• Members

I was going to mention your band.

This thread is getting pretty long and I still haven't seen one of the originals: The Meat Puppets!

Archived