How much is this guitar worth? EPI SG

poderoso

• Members

Hey guys,

so i decided i want to sell my 2007 cherry red G400 Epiphone SG. I installed dunlop straplocks, and had a graphtech nut professionally installed. I also upgraded the pickups to Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro neck and Dimebucker bridge. I will restring the guitar and reset the action and stuff, and i will be selling it with a gator hardcase and a generic strap. I've had this for about 2 and a half years but if i clean it up a bit, you'd believe me if i said ive had it for a year. Sorry no pics but i think its in good condition. So how much do you think i should sell this on craigslist? Im thinking maybe $400? Thanks guys!

• Members

I just sold a mint condition 2005 Epi SG for $265 with an SKB case. Believe me when I say mint condition because it still had the stickers that came with it.

If I held out a little bit, I probably could have gotten 10-20 more out of it but it wasn't worth the wait for me. I've seen them go for around 200 for the guitar themselves alone on my local CL.

I think a big misconception of first-time sellers is that after market upgrades should be considered into the price. This is true but only very marginally. A hundred dollar upgrade might only bump the price ten bucks or so.

I guarentee you won't be getting $400 since a new one costs $350. Best to put the stock stuff back on if you can. Don't worry about action or intonation too much as buyers will have to reset them anyways. But do clean the frets, strings, and oil the board. Polish the body and all.

• Members

oh really? i guess i'll just hold on to the guitar for now. i dont have the stock pickups anymore. thanks guys!

The guys are right Poderoso. However, you may just happen too stumble across someone who absolutely loves the mods you've done and that make the guitar perfect for him. A buyer like that may offer what you want but a normal market price would be around what the guys quoted.

BTW, welcome to HCEG!

:thu:

• Members

You can buy those brand new for $349 all day long. A person would be an idiot to pay more for a used one then you can get new one for. Doesnt matter that you replaced the pups and nut. No reason to believe next owner wouldnt want to replace the pups. Even if its in brand new condition and the mods youve done are the same buyer would do. Its not worth more then its gettable new for price. It might be worth $349 with the fitted hardcase included at max.

• Members

I got my Epiphone G400 for $400 brand new with case.

So........... yeah......... you'll be lucky to get $300 for it I think.

They're just so cheap. And I don't know why. They're awesome guitars.

Yeah.

I love SGs, and have two Gibsons, but have seriously considered picking up a G400 on numerous occasions. I probably still will if I come across one for a decent price.

• Members

Yeah.

I love SGs, and have two Gibsons, but have seriously considered picking up a G400 on numerous occasions. I probably still will if I come across one for a decent price.

Yeah I have a Gibson SG Standard which is unbelievably sweet!

And my Epi G400 holds it's own pretty well in comparison.

[YOUTUBE]fTo7_53T7fc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

If you've got the original pickups, reinstall them and sell the Duncans seperately. That'll get you closer, but still don't think you're going to get $400 out of the whole package, especially in the current used market.

this or keep the duncans for a future guitar project. You can pick up a cheap set of humbuckers to drop into the Epi if you don't want to keep it.

Archived