My band aint dead yet!

_pete_

• Members

My band just agreed to do a gig on Friday, October 22nd at the Exit/In in Nashville, Tennessee.

I just recently moved from Ohio to Florida and had pretty much given up on this band continuing on. We haven't played a gig since august of 2008 and now I'm 11 hours from Nashville.

The club called us and offered us the slot and we agreed. We have a very complex show, we haven't played together in over 2 years, I'm over twice as far from the guys as I was before, and the gig is 3 weeks away.

Piece of cake.

We're each gonna work on our parts the next 2 weeks and I'll drive up there on Tuesday before the show. We'll have 2 days to practice. Hopefully we'll pull it off.

If anyone here is in the area, PLEASE come on out. It will be a lot of fun.

(On a guitar related note, I really wish I had a Les Paul for this one. I always have at least one but I won't for this gig.

I'll have 2 PRS's, 2 Strats, a classical, and a 12 string acoustic.)

• Members

_pete_,

PM me. i might have a Les Paul for you, if that's what will make the show great.

GD

Wow. That's an incredibly kind offer but I could never accept.

I can live with the possibility of something happening to one of my own guitars but never someone elses.

I'll pick up anther LP as soon as I can afford one. It's on the top of my list.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate the offer greatly.

• Members
Wow. That's an incredibly kind offer but I could never accept.

I can live with the possibility of something happening to one of my own guitars but never someone elses.

I'll pick up anther LP as soon as I can afford one. It's on the top of my list.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate the offer greatly.

i completely respect not being able to comfortably accept someone else's guitar, but my offer stands. you're a good guy, and if i can help your show be as good as it gets, then count me in :thu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Well the gig went very well.

It was a lot of driving for me and I'm still pretty worn out from the trip. I drove from here in Florida to Nashville for the gig, then drove up to Ohio to see my daughter, then back to Florida from there. A little over 2300 miles total.

The gig was great. We paid a guy to shoot video so I should have a DVD very soon (the guys have it and have to make copies).

I used the GSP1101 and was very, very happy with it. I got a perfect sound direct to the PA.

Guitar wise, I really am in love with my PRS CE24. That guitar just does everything and does it damn well.

My red Strat made it through the gig but the body has a crack where the bridge posts are (I noticed it before the gig) so it will be needing a new body. The white Strat was great. It stayed perfectly in tune with the PRS SE trem and I really abused it during the show.

The SE Singlecut is a mystery to me. It plays great and sounds good but there was something I didn't like tone wise during the gig. It just had something that I didn't care for. I can't explain it. New pups would probably help but I think I'm just gonna Ebay it, fix the Red Strat, and get an LP of some sort. I miss having one.

When I get the DVD I'm gonna try to get some of it up on You Tube. I'll post it here too.

• Members

cool looking setup

can you elaborate on your rig?

Sure. It seems complex but it operates very simply.

Electric guitars go into an Audio Technica wireless>T-Rex Polyswitch (cuts off electric when acoustic is played)>Korg DTR-1000 tuner>Digitech GSP1101 (with Midiverb III in fx loop)>Art SLA1 power amp>H&K 4x12 cab with Celection G12-65's in stereo. The direct signal is taken off the speaker lines with 2 Behringer GI-100 active DI boxes.

The Piezo bridge from the PRS CE24 goes into a Digital Reference wireless>Kitty Hawk MIDI patchbay>Zoom A2 acoustic processor>Behringer DI-400 direct box>H&K Montana acoustic amp (for stage monitoring).

Acoustic guitars go into the T-Rex Polyswitch (cuts off the acoustic when the electric is played)>Kitty Hawk MIDI patchbay>Zoom A2 acoustic processor>Behringer DI-400 direct box>H&K Montana acoustic amp.

All the MIDI functions are controlled by the Ground Control Pro MIDI pedal. The Boss expression pedal does double duty as a volume and wah.

The Studiologic MIDI bass pedals trigger the samplers and/or the keyboards in the bass players rig.

• Members

Damn Pete, I didn't see this thread. I doubt that I could have made it, but I atleast would have tried if I had known. It's not like we were doing anything special last week.

Congrats on the gig!

Let me know how much a DVD is going to cost, I want one. :thu:

• Members
Damn Pete, I didn't see this thread. I doubt that I could have made it, but I atleast would have tried if I had known. It's not like we were doing anything special last week.

Congrats on the gig!

Let me know how much a DVD is going to cost, I want one.
:thu:

That's too bad, it would have been cool to meet you.

We aren't planning on selling DVD's but if any of it doesn't suck, I'll put it on YouTube.

• Members

Sure. It seems complex but it operates very simply.

Electric guitars go into an Audio Technica wireless>T-Rex Polyswitch (cuts off electric when acoustic is played)>Korg DTR-1000 tuner>Digitech GSP1101 (with Midiverb III in fx loop)>Art SLA1 power amp>H&K 4x12 cab with Celection G12-65's in stereo. The direct signal is taken off the speaker lines with 2 Behringer GI-100 active DI boxes.

The Piezo bridge from the PRS CE24 goes into a Digital Reference wireless>Kitty Hawk MIDI patchbay>Zoom A2 acoustic processor>Behringer DI-400 direct box>H&K Montana acoustic amp (for stage monitoring).

Acoustic guitars go into the T-Rex Polyswitch (cuts off the acoustic when the electric is played)>Kitty Hawk MIDI patchbay>Zoom A2 acoustic processor>Behringer DI-400 direct box>H&K Montana acoustic amp.

All the MIDI functions are controlled by the Ground Control Pro MIDI pedal. The Boss expression pedal does double duty as a volume and wah.

The Studiologic MIDI bass pedals trigger the samplers and/or the keyboards in the bass players rig.

wow...impressive

a bit to remember though with having to trigger parts etc... ever forgotten?

looking foward to the vid

Archived